Best tablet for DJI GO

Don't want to hijack this thread but I'm also looking at the K1.
Does anyone have any lag in the image with the K1?
Thanks

I have the K1 and there is no lag. It is a crazy powerful tablet and for $200 its a smokin deal.

Thanks guys. Yes, I must admit the Apple does have a nice general 'feel', once upon a time we called it ergonomic. But this is still winter and, even with a home-made cowl I was having to twist and turn to find sufficient shade to see the image on the screen. Don't get me wrong, I am not slagging the mini2, it just not up to the job of working outdoors in direct (even winter) sun.

Can I take it from this that the mini4 is significantly brighter than the 2? I have just bought the latter and, although the GO app runs smoothly, I am not impressed with the screen brightness at all.
How does the K1's screen compare with the Apples'?
Bumping this question. I've been thinking of upgrading from an Air to an Air 2 because of what I've read about screen brightness. However if the mini 4 is significantly brighter than Air 2, I might go that route instead.

***EDIT*** Just did my own research... found this site: iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out

Looks like the Mini 4 has a brighter screen and lower reflectivity.

I've also noticed that the Nokia Lumia 2520, has a rating of 676 cd/m^2, while the Mini 4 has 450 cd/m^2. However, if its screen is highly reflective, that higher brightness doesn't mean so much...

***EDIT 2*** Haven't found a good comparison with the Shield K-1, but according to displaymate.com, the mini4 seems to have the best outdoor display of the devices I've listed above. It has a "contrast rating for high ambient light" of 255, while the Air 2 has 166, Lumia 2520 has 120, and Air has 69.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrevorTron
I really am not an apple guy but.. Well for this application it is very good.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bumping this question. I've been thinking of upgrading from an Air to an Air 2 because of what I've read about screen brightness. However if the mini 4 is significantly brighter than Air 2, I might go that route instead.

***EDIT*** Just did my own research... found this site: iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out

Looks like the Mini 4 has a brighter screen and lower reflectivity.

I've also noticed that the Nokia Lumia 2520, has a rating of 676 cd/m^2, while the Mini 4 has 450 cd/m^2. However, if its screen is highly reflective, that higher brightness doesn't mean so much...

***EDIT 2*** Haven't found a good comparison with the Shield K-1, but according to displaymate.com, the mini4 seems to have the best outdoor display of the devices I've listed above. It has a "contrast rating for high ambient light" of 255, while the Air 2 has 166, Lumia 2520 has 120, and Air has 69.

You can get round the reflective screen to an extent with an anti-glare screen protector. But that is a very good comparison you've found there, well done. These are figures you don't see very often.

Me too mate. I got an iPhone4 a few years ago purely because there was an app I wanted that wasn't available on any other platform at the time. And I did warm to it somewhat, but Appl€ ruined it with an "update" and there was no way I was getting suckered into buying a newer iPhone like most of the lemmings out there.
DJI GO runs just as smoothly on one of my Android devices, but the iOS version does feel more polished.

I was using my iPhone 6 Plus with the P3P and it worked perfectly, but I got a dedicated iPad Air 2 and it's better.. Tons of processing power and it has never been anything less than perfect.. The screen can show fine differences in detail with camera settings too. The icing on the cake is I found it on Amazon for a great deal. Highly recommended.

If you can at all wait a few weeks, Apple's next announcement event is rumored for sometime around mid-March. At the moment the rumors mostly focus on a smaller iPhone and a new generation of the regular iPad Air, but there may also be an updated mini as well.

I picked up a refurb iPad Air 2 LTE last year as a screen upgrade from my 6 Plus, but I was also looking for an excuse to upgrade from a third-gen model.

TBF, I did say (albeit in another post) that I wasn't having a go at Apple, I just don't want to be sucked into their marketing ploys. (It's what keeps them rich and us poor lol!)
And to an extent of course, you get what you pay for, and not everyone can afford Apple's latest & greatest offerings. It's clear from other posts and threads that not all Android devices are glitchy, you just have to choose wisely. All part of the game!

Last edited:
Well I know an apple hater when I see one. But that's not really an insult as I was one too. For years I hated them for many of the same reasons. But as I saw the benefits, curtesy of my wife, I began to understand how good they are. That and when Microsoft killed off Windows XP support, I got pissed when I had to replace all 4 of my pc's over the year. But I will also say I didn't pay retail for any of my many Apple items, they were mostly purchased off of Craig's list, used or from people who got them as a gift but wanted cash. That's how I buy stuff. But I am open to other devises for drone action. I may have a nexus 7 in my future.

By the way, you don't think google and the other droid companies aren't rich? Lol

I had also began with an iPad Mini 2 in the beginning of my phantom 3 experience, but mine overheated, so within the allotted time frame, returned it, and traded up, to the iPad Air 2 Cellular. I haven't looked back, it just works great, never even an objectional hiccup... ;-)
If a device could be considered a work horse, so be it, a Clydesdale...
I was happy, to have spent the extra pesos, and have only optimum experiences. So far, it's been a dream team.

RedHotPoker

I just sold my iPad mini4 because, while very good, was too small for me. Bought an air 2 and am really enjoying the experience!

How does the Air's screen (brightness and reflectivity) compare with that of the mini4? I am currently using a mini2 and, whilst it runs very smoothly, it is simply not bright enough and very susceptible to reflections. So now I am swithering between the mini4 and the Air2.

Nvidia Shield works great for me! Bright, powerful, 16:9-ish, glitch-free. Plus the size/profile is just right.

Nvidia Shield works great for me! Bright, powerful, 16:9-ish, glitch-free. Plus the size/profile is just right.

Same here. Went with Shield and it was great but decide to return it. It is not as bright as my Note 5. It's only 5.7 Inch display but works nice. I ordered the lenovo tablet from best buy for $42 bucks so I figure I will give this a go and see what happens. Either way, can't beat it at $42.

iPad mini 2 with wifi/cellular works perfect for me.
When you say with cellular, do you have to have the ipad connected to your phone plan, or will the gps work without it? Is this an example of the model you are refering to? Sorry for the noob question, just want to make sure I am getting the right one...
Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display ME276LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black with Space Gray

When you say with cellular, do you have to have the ipad connected to your phone plan, or will the gps work without it?
You do not need to activate the cell plan in order to use the GPS receiver.

ME276LL/A is Wi-Fi only.

When you say with cellular, do you have to have the ipad connected to your phone plan, or will the gps work without it? Is this an example of the model you are refering to? Sorry for the noob question, just want to make sure I am getting the right one...
Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display ME276LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black with Space Gray
No I don't have it connected to a phone plane I'm just using the GPS portion of it. Not sure of the model but it's. iPad mini 2 16gb with wifi and cellular.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues