Best tablet for DJI GO

Any thoughts on Dell venue 8 I'm looking for Good live feed as well using Samsung tab 4 10.1 good feed sometimes

I'm with msinger and DroneDestination about the iPad mini 4. I use the wifi/cellular and really like the display.

I can however turn enough to where the screen is less easy to read however it has not been a problem with navigation.

For example, I have flown over deep woods with small sparse openings at 250 ft AGL, 100m away and didn't see the turkeys on the ground until I replayed the video.

Exactomondo

I was trying to get some close ups of golfers on a pretty course near where I live. I was @ 400ft for best distance and reception and I couldn't see the balls as struck on the screen. About 3pm, bright sun, no sun hood.

When I downloaded the vid and watched in on a 24' monitor, the ball was clearly visible.

Hi

Huge Apple fanboy here. And proud P3P owner.

Currently I'm using my iPhone 6S for lightbridge tru DJI GO.
Though it works perfectly, I was thinking of getting a dedicated Phantom-tablet.
So much is going on, on my phone, that I wont risking the app crashing og things like that.

I see many topics like this on here, but i also see, that mostly Android-devices are recomended.
I would trust an iPad more than any android device, and see some other users in here complainting about the android OS and its (in)stability.

I guess GPS is a major feature and would like that in my tablet.
What would you recommend of the Apple-tablet - or why do you think i should pick a Android instead?

Regards
Emil
I use an Asus Nexus 2. Super high res screen. 7" which is perfect. Works beautifully.

I'm using an LG G Pad 8.0 inch just wondering if anybody else is using any LG tablets

One thing I have sern nobody mention, is the battery on the shield, is not great for serious flyers. Thinking about ipad 2 mini but with cell and apple tax in Ireland, (a lot more expensive) considering they dont pay any, is hard to swallow.

One thing I have sern nobody mention, is the battery on the shield, is not great for serious flyers. Thinking about ipad 2 mini but with cell and apple tax in Ireland, (a lot more expensive) considering they dont pay any, is hard to swallow.
See if you can get a loan of a mini2 to try before buying one- I found its display a bit on the dim side for outdoors- but then it is a bit sunnier here than in Ireland!
I couldn't use it, so ended up with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.6". Fits snugly in the holder, plenty brightness & didn't break the bank. Quite light too.

What do you mean about the Shield's battery life? Mine has great battery. I can fly several packs before even thinking about having to recharge. I have to charge my DJI remote more often than my Shield. I've been nothing but thrilled with my Shield. I can't imagine the iPad being better, and I've tried my wife's full size iPad 4. I didn't care for it. Besides being way too big (obviously), the screen just wasn't as clear outside, and I prefer the look and feel of the Android version of the app over iOS. Just my 2c of course.

What do you mean about the Shield's battery life? Mine has great battery. I can fly several packs before even thinking about having to recharge. I have to charge my DJI remote more often than my Shield. I've been nothing but thrilled with my Shield. I can't imagine the iPad being better, and I've tried my wife's full size iPad 4. I didn't care for it. Besides being way too big (obviously), the screen just wasn't as clear outside, and I prefer the look and feel of the Android version of the app over iOS. Just my 2c of course.

I've had no problems with my Shields battery life either. I also can run several times w/o having to recharge my Shield. I also experience no lag and agree that it is one of the fastest Android tablets out there. I also take it on vacation or when I travel to read email, etc. Beats dragging along my Toshiba laptop and while it doesn't replace the laptop for overall functionality, it still does an awful lot.

Also, the native HDMI out is fantastic. I hooked my shield up via HDMI cable to a 27" monitor in the back of my car and ran it off an inverter. I was able to show all my coworkers what I was seeing without them having to peer over my shoulder as I flew. It was awesome. :)

Also, the native HDMI out is fantastic. I hooked my shield up via HDMI cable to a 27" monitor in the back of my car and ran it off an inverter. I was able to show all my coworkers what I was seeing without them having to peer over my shoulder as I flew. It was awesome. :)

That's a great idea. I hooked mine up to the TV in the hotel I last stayed in and surfed the net. I also streamed some video from it. The HDMI was really outstanding. The great part of the Shield was that when I purchased my Phantom Advanced Best Buy dropped the price 48 hours later. I got them to "match" the price. My wife then told me to take the difference and buy a Shield as she had been reading up on them. She flies our Phantom Basic and uses it as well. BTW she has been gaming most of her adult life and she flies really smooth because of her eye to hand dexterity.

yes probably work, but whether for FPV smoothly?
There is no guarantee since they are not commonly used devices. If you want something that is definitely known to work, then use a device on my list above.

Reactions: TrevorTron

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl