Best tablet for DJI GO

Reaction score
Hi

Huge Apple fanboy here. And proud P3P owner.

Currently I'm using my iPhone 6S for lightbridge tru DJI GO.
Though it works perfectly, I was thinking of getting a dedicated Phantom-tablet.
So much is going on, on my phone, that I wont risking the app crashing og things like that.

I see many topics like this on here, but i also see, that mostly Android-devices are recomended.
I would trust an iPad more than any android device, and see some other users in here complainting about the android OS and its (in)stability.

I guess GPS is a major feature and would like that in my tablet.
What would you recommend of the Apple-tablet - or why do you think i should pick a Android instead?

Regards
Emil

Last edited:
I would trust an iPad more than any android device, and see some other users in here complainting about the android OS and its (in)stability.
What would you recommend of the Apple-tablet - or why do you think i should pick a Android instead?
There is no "best" tablet. There are plenty of good ones, Android or Apple.

Reactions: Kery24
A second hand iPad Mini 2 with cellular is good option -(or a 4 if you're feeling rich!). The size is plenty large enough, and the cellular version gives you the GPS function. That's what I mainly use, although I've also got an iPad Air which obviously gives you more screen space, but is quite a bit heavier on your RC.

If money is not an issue, the iPad Mini 4 has an amazingly bright screen. Get the cellular version if you can.
Or, a cheaper option is the Nvidia SHIELD K1.

If money is not an issue, the iPad Mini 4 has an amazingly bright screen. Get the cellular version if you can.
Agreed. I prefer iOS, but didn't want to spend as much as even used minis with cell capabilities were going for. I ended up with a Shield K1 and am reasonably happy with it. It does auto sync with healthy drones, and has a screen recorder, which are both nice features not available with iOS.

Reactions: JickMagger
Hi

Huge Apple fanboy here. And proud P3P owner.

Currently I'm using my iPhone 6S for lightbridge tru DJI GO.
Though it works perfectly, I was thinking of getting a dedicated Phantom-tablet.
So much is going on, on my phone, that I wont risking the app crashing og things like that.

I see many topics like this on here, but i also see, that mostly Android-devices are recomended.

I guess GPS is a major feature and would like that in my tablet.

Regards
Emil

Reactions: MiamiDroneFlights

Can I take it from this that the mini4 is significantly brighter than the 2? I have just bought the latter and, although the GO app runs smoothly, I am not impressed with the screen brightness at all.
How does the K1's screen compare with the Apples'?

Last edited:
I'm with msinger and DroneDestination about the iPad mini 4. I use the wifi/cellular and really like the display.

I can however turn enough to where the screen is less easy to read however it has not been a problem with navigation.

For example, I have flown over deep woods with small sparse openings at 250 ft AGL, 100m away and didn't see the turkeys on the ground until I replayed the video.

I have flown over deep woods with small sparse openings at 250 ft AGL, 100m away and didn't see the turkeys on the ground until I replayed the video.
This will most likely be the case when using any device.

Reactions: Air Ontario
This will most likely be the case when using any device.

I agree. That in particular would likely be more about the camera than the screen anyway.

Agreed. I prefer iOS, but didn't want to spend as much as even used minis with cell capabilities were going for. I ended up with a Shield K1 and am reasonably happy with it. It does auto sync with healthy drones, and has a screen recorder, which are both nice features not available with iOS.

When you say you're "reasonably happy with it", what reservations do you have? I am on the verge of buying one but don't want to make another MI$TAK€!

I have been looking for used iPad mini 2,3 and 4's on our local Craig's list. Not too many deals. But a friend told me about www.swappa.com . They deal in phones and tablets. He recommends them as a good source. Another one for just apple is to google Apple refurnished iPads from Apple only. They are very good at refurbished and I have purchased from them. Same warranty as new. Just a few possibilities for you.

Reactions: TrevorTron
When you say you're "reasonably happy with it", what reservations do you have? I am on the verge of buying one but don't want to make another MI$TAK€!
I don't think the build quality is quite up to the mini, but it does function perfectly with DJI GO. I don't have experience with the other apps.

I would have preferred to have another apple device purely for integration with my other devices, but for the money, I recommend it.

I don't think the build quality is quite up to the mini
Apple products are a work of art. I guess that should be expected after paying the Apple tax though. I don't think any device matches Apple's build quality. However, I think the Nvidia Shield K1 is a very nice device. I'm pretty picky and nothing jumped out at me as being of poor quality. When comparing the two though, I like using DJI GO on Apple devices. It just seems to be more polished for some reason. Both the Android and Apple version of DJI GO will do the job though.

Don't want to hijack this thread but I'm also looking at the K1.
Does anyone have any lag in the image with the K1?
Thanks

I didn't notice any lag on my K1. That's not surprising though since it's one of the fastest Android tablets available.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20