Best monitor/tablet for P4

Check out my list of commonly used and recommended tablets here.

Would you consider updating this past periodically with prices (from amazon or Ebay) so we get a general sense of cost? Adding price to that list would make it very valuable! Thanks!

I just want to say "Quad Killer" would be a great forum name. :D

Back on topic, I'm leaning towards the Minis if I plunge into Droneland (maybe 'plunge' is not a word I want to use.....how about "settle gently into"). I'm not 'techie' enough to get into all the nuts and bolts, so the Minis seem seamless.

I hate apple product
. I feel they are way over priced and your paying for a name.
I have looked everywhere for a NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 and cannot not find any more sell anywhere.. Even the Nivida home site says out of stock

Reactions: Wibble
Yes I also feel Apple over prices their equipment but being an owner of two iPads I can say they are quality made. They do better on upgrades and make using them stress free. I fly my P4 with a Air 2 and it has given me no trouble. Seeing I paid a big price for the P4 I want the best screen I can to fly it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use the 8" samsung galaxy tab A ....$169.00 at walmart or amazon.
Really like it so far...much brighter than the Acer I used to fly with and I havent had any issues with lag.
I see several at Walmart. Which one did you get the 16gig or 32. Also will the 7 also work. I would like to see a link or stock number if your so inclined
Thx

I'm not sure why everyone recommends the ipad mini which does not have GPS unless you buy the cellular version. Most of the android tablets (NVIDIA K1) have GPS built in. Am I wrong here?

Thanks that is what I am looking for! Know just to decide on a 8 inch or 7. Do most people use 8?

I bought the 8" because I had a 8" hoodman sunshade already.
My advice...go to Walmart or bestbuy and look at the 8" and 7" side by side and see which you prefer.
I think 8" is perfect size, many posters on here use 10" or bigger.

I originally used a 8" Galaxy Tab 4 which was a nice tablet , but I wanted bigger and clearer and went with the 9.7" Galaxy Tab S2 . Fits perfect in the holder with 2 clicks . Here is a good page to look at the different tablets and release dates , resolution, CPU , etc . Check to see if the one you like will be compatible with DJI first. Compare Android tablets - Tablet PC Comparison

Reactions: Wibble
just picked up a samsung Tab A 8 inch. Where can I find a sunshade for this while it is mounted to the phantom 4

I use the hoodman but its pricey...you should be able to find an inexpensive one on amazon or ebay.
I highly recommend an anti glare matte screen protector.

Asus ZenPad 7, $93
Asus ZenPad 8, $129
Asus ZenPad S8, $159 (same as Retina display)
Asus ZenPad 10, $179 (just fits in holder)
nVidia K1 Shield, $199 (fast, HDMI out)
Dirty bird I'm looking at the Asus zenpad s8 . Is it a good pad for litchi and djigo? Also do you know if it fits it the standard holder? Thanks bro

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I only have iPad Air2, but to keep the otterbox on I cut the tablet bracket to attach approx 1 1/2" splice and jaw looking pieces on the clamps, it really holds it great, little heavy this way but at my age I could use all the size I can get. But even with sun shield, the brightness stinks in sunny conditions, have to put a black t shirt over my head and sun shield.

I bought an Ipad mini 4 cell just for use with the P4.
It works just great. But I'm probably going to get Jakes EVokit plus upgrade, and now I'm starting to wonder if I want a bigger screen though....bigger ipad maybe?
The last flight I took when I was watchign the vid on my laptop I saw a herd of deer. If I had noticed on my screen while flying I would have investigated.
Bigger ipad ? Hmmm

I use the Nexus 7 (2013) myself and besides the issue of the sun that is prone to them all have no issues to complain about. It has built in GPS which is a big plus. The other thing is I picked it up the the exclusive purpose of using it with my drone only. I've heard its best not to use a multipurpose tablet and have it loaded with a bunch of extra apps that could cause issues such as slowdown.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20