Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best DBSMod Add-ons

Discussion in 'Standard' started by bzowk, Jun 8, 2018.

1. bzowk

Hey Guys -

I purchased and installed a DBSMod a few months ago for my Phantom 3 Standard. Unfortunately, the range increases weren't as large as I had hoped. So, I wanted to post to see what (if anything) you would suggest in addition to the DBSMod such as specific mini-amps, drone-side antenna mods, or whatever else.

To note, I fly in various environments, but usually in my neighborhood where there's a good amount of WiFi traffic. I scan wifi each to using my laptop to ensure I'm on a channel with minimal traffic, but don't know what else I could do.

Thanks!

2. Alan Russel

Hi there bzowk, yes you would get better range if you fly away from all that wifi interference. I have DBS range extender on my P3s remote controller and it has easily doubled my stock range, sometimes tripled depending on the conditions. I fly in the countryside mainly over flat farmland.

3. tkflyfisher7

I don’t know,what range you were hoping for, but when I’m flying around WiFi signals, my range decreases by at least 40%. With the DBS Mod in the country, I can regularly hit 8000 plus feet. My guess is that this is more about location,,, it the mod.

TK