Australian Phantom Flyers!

More would be great. Are you interested?
No. I was trying to help you with your question re what to ask. DWI has the advanced at 999 and I think batteries around 150 each delivered. They look after warranty locally also. That's what someone can pay today and have it I 4 working days so $1300 Aussie brand new. Its a question for the buyer what they might be prepared to pay vs what they can get it for new.

F
No. I was trying to help you with your question re what to ask. DWI has the advanced at 999 and I think batteries around 150 each delivered. They look after warranty locally also. That's what someone can pay today and have it I 4 working days so $1300 Aussie brand new. Its a question for the buyer what they might be prepared to pay vs what they can get it for new.
Four days? That's extremely quick. The problem is they aren't authorised resellers so DJI wont help with warranty.

And if you buy grey stock then you have to return grey stock overseas.

F

Four days? That's extremely quick. The problem is they aren't authorised resellers so DJI wont help with warranty.

And if you buy grey stock then you have to return grey stock overseas.
I've had stuff from HK in SYD day after shipped. They do look after the warranty. It might go back to HK but all you see is delivery to and return from their Sydney office address.

Ask whatever price you like. I was trying to give you a guide. If I can get it to my door for $1300 it's probably worth $950 tops. Someone might give you $1600. I hope they do.

Hi Melbourne Phantom flyers!
I've just got my hands on a P3A. Had a P3S previously but I found the video feed cutting out ALL the time a total pain in the A so I returned it and upgraded to the P3A.
Haven't flown the P3A yet so getting really excited to have a fly. I might even try and head out tonight.
Problem is I don't have a working car at this stage so I'm stuck with either walking to somewhere in Albert park, or catching some sort of public transport to a new area.

Does anyone have any suggestions where in Melbourne that's reasonably local to St Kilda/Albert Park or maybe around the 'tan for some good flying?

Cheers!

Hi guys
Spent a battery at the River Murray yesterday with my p3s. Reasonably happy with it. Trying to convince myself not to swap it for a mavic...

03a4beab6436eb3e66225760f9bc8b91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: KayJay and Strat
So where can I fly. I'm confused. For no commercial gain that is? Over people houses at 120m or Di I need to stick to the park/farms

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Take the plunge, we have sales from all over the planet but sadly no Aussies yet ..... Well a part from ourselves lol :(

You know why don't you? Those little Chinese barstools make them to cheap.

Anyone keen for a quick meet/fly at brighton beach, Melbourne?

If not i can try meet elsewhere.. depending on which days/area.

I need another drone to compare some flight performance as DJI think nothing is wrong with my P3P but need another one flying around the same area to see if they face the same GPS problems as i am having...

cheers

Hey guys - can anybody recommend / advised on P3 repairer in Melbourne? I've not tried DJI either yet. Reason is I bought a second (faulty) P3A & it's worse than I anticipated - motors won't start, firmware upgrade fails etc. The RC won't be recognised when pairing to bird, but my other RC pairs fine with it, so RC needs attention too. I'm hoping not to spend a fortune to get repaired needless to say. Thanks in anticipation

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

try dji support directly and have it sent to the dji repair centre in burwood... or you could try eehobbies in huntingdale.

I'm based in Melbourne and had a bit of a fly around last weekend.
I was looking for somewhere close but still with no-one around (although there was another dude with a Phantom there) so fired up Google Maps and found the Calidinia Reservoir.
Was amazing.
I really only wanted to fly it around at full speed to see how far I could go. I didn't really get any good shots.
Managed about 4.2KM from my location. I think it may have been a bit short of the 5KM I was hoping for as there's a big metal fence around the area.

Then on Sunday I went to a mates new house and tried to get some cool shots. All done manually - so not very good.

This weekend looks a bit crap for Melbourne but I still want to go for a fly.
Anyone else going out?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl