Australian Phantom Flyers!

I don't usually go under 30% or whatever the RTH tells me it needs; I just pushed it a bit too far that time as I was wanting to see when it would lose the signal.

Today i got my best range on my stock P3P @ 3km

Can maybe push it further with some fine tuning but not sure how much more.. RTH was triggered to quick once i lost video

What are you guys getting stock?

Next test will be with windsurfers at same the location to compare the difference if any..

I can't say for stock (my P3P came pre-modded with the DBS antenna), but I got a bit past 5.4km yesterday with full video and controller signal strength:
fJMozhA.jpg

I would have been able to go even further if I had gone in a straight line:
aa5g8Lw.jpg

I started the RTH when the app prompted me, but the winds made it a close-call landing (8% battery left).

sound about right for a DBS mod.. which controller and phantom version are you using?

sound about right for a DBS mod.. which controller and phantom version are you using?

I'm using a Phantom 3 Professional with the stock controller (but with the DBS mod). I wonder how far it'd go if the battery wasn't a constraint.

What i meant is the mod on the GL300C remote?

I just moved to the inspire 1 remote (GL658C) and seems from a quick test its better so far over my GL300C

My bird is a W323B

Oh, yes, it's the GL300C. I didn't know you could use the Inspire RC with the Phantom 3 – you learn something new every day.

Reactions: Strat
Does anyone here use a sun hood for their tablet/phone? I'm looking at getting one but can't find one that stocks them in Adelaide apart from an after market brand and was wondering if the function is pretty much the same? TL;DR Will an aftermarket sun hood suffice or is it better to get a DJI branded one?

I got a genuine DJI one i want to sell i got it for my K1 tablet but it wont fit.

Which size were you looking for ?

Does anyone here use a sun hood for their tablet/phone? I'm looking at getting one but can't find one that stocks them in Adelaide apart from an after market brand and was wondering if the function is pretty much the same? TL;DR Will an aftermarket sun hood suffice or is it better to get a DJI branded one?
I bought one off ebay approx AUD$6.99 have to dampen up those little suction cups so it sticks to my ipad or will keep falling off while flying. Dont use it too much as I'm always in a hurry to get in the air.
P4, love the video adn some great spots in Adelaide too.

Hi guys,
Adelaide with P4 around 55 flights so far. Now, I always triple check my props but on 3rd flight today powered up a little and one prop flew up about 4m in the air ??
(Couldn't believe it....checked my pants and they were dry....good sign !!) When checking props I noted that it appeared that one spring was stuck a little and was not letting it actually lock.
4th flight after that no problems went up to 80m until I had signal issues. Now I do checks on prop both sideways movement as usual but also try pulling upwards as well just so that I know its actually locked on. Don't want one of those babies coming off mid flight !
Check the lugs on the inside of the prop hubs for damage or wear as well. Run your fingers over upper and lower surfaces, and along the leading edges for damage or bugs.

Sent from my E5653 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I've heard mostly good things about the Litchi app, but have also read about losing signal issues. As well as seen videos of what happens when it does lose signal.

My question is, does it happen more often than when using the DJI Go app? If so, why is this, is it because it doesn't utilize the Lightbridge tech? So if I was to fly within wifi distance it would be fine?

What price do you think I could get for my Phantom 3 Advanced kit. It includes 3 batteries, backpack and possibly a ND16 filter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20