Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

probably not.
ama has certen rules you have to go by and flying at an ama approved field is one of them.
This is not correct. AMA sanctioned fields are not a requirement. If the AMA can show you were not flying within their guidelines, regardless of your location, they will not pay out. But if you were following their guidelines (or they can't prove otherwise), you are covered, no matter where you fly.

Reactions: Ti22
Wow I new it , I new it all along. A bunch of sheep.
I also see Hitlery as our next President. Sell your quads now before Hillery takes them, to protect the children.All in the name of safety.
Why could you not hold of registering for few days , So we could make stand. ???

Reactions: Brad Pierce
Why could you not hold of registering for few days , So we could make stand. ???
I think you already know the answer to this question...

Many people really don't care about making your stand. There are enough obvious benefits to registering drones to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: Buckaye
I did but not sure I should have. I was looking at joining AMA for the insurance and thought why register with the FAA.

Before you register just think about this: Two weeks ago I was notified by the US Bureau of Personnel Management that they had been hacked and ALL the information including SSN, CC numbers, bank accounts and other personal information was compromised. The Bureau had that information because any employee involved in the aviation industry was required to have a criminal background check by the FBI. I had to close all my CC's, change bank and brokerage accounts and subscribe to services that monitor my financial interests to attempt to prevent fraud.

While I'm not against registering, it will be a very cold day in hell before I make that information available to them again. Either they accept cash or money order and they can forget me giving them my SSN because they already have it and gave away to the world. I wasn't allowed to change my SSN number.

I had my identity stolen before and the consequences of it are still on going. So think twice before you put your information in their slimy hands!

I think you already know the answer to this question...

Many people really don't care about making your stand. There are enough obvious benefits to registering drones to make it worthwhile.
w68jj.jpg

Reactions: JKDSensei
So here is the 900lb gorilla in the room.......where does it all end????

Well, the US Government has my personal information in the form of my military service record, my previous security clearances (measured in dozens of pages), my Airman Certificate (private pilots license), my tax records, my passport, and a dozen other things, so I doubt it ends anytime soon. But the only new information I gave them yesterday was that also intended to fly a UAS. For me personally, it seemed in the big scheme of things to be such a small thing to take a stand over.

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!

Here we go rehashing the same argument that took 1000 posts to come to the same conclusions

1. We don't debate on these forums - we say the same things over and over (and most people don't even read all the posts)
2. Whatever your opinion was before - likely you have the same opinion now
3. There are people who are going to register - because it is easy and not a perceived threat to them
4. There are people who won't register - because it is a huge imposition and a perceived threat to them
5. There are people who are simply anti-government and won't do anything unless they put up a fight first.

Nothing new to see here.... move along

Well, the US Government has my personal information in the form of my military service record, my previous security clearances (measured in dozens of pages), my Airman Certificate (private pilots license), my tax records, my passport, and a dozen other things, so I doubt it ends anytime soon. But the only new information I gave them yesterday was that also intended to fly a UAS. For me personally, it seemed in the big scheme of things to be such a small thing to take a stand over.

There is no plausible reason why the FAA should make that information public. It will only be a matter of time before anyone can reverse search an address to find your registration number, just like we can with N numbers and practically any other kind of number. It would be easy to find someone you don't like flying their UAV legally or illegally for that matter, just do a reverse search by address to find reg info. Then put their reg info on a throw down UAV and go crash it into the mayors house. Likely no, but possible yes. We live in a new world where no matter what devious action you can think of, someone has already done it or is doing it right now.

I do disagree, to me it isn't such a small thing, we know that UAV haters are everywhere, most are driven by the media hype and they have proven they will go to extremes to display their displeasure whether it be over privacy concerns, safety concerns or any imagined concern they may have.

Oh and did I mention that your confidential information can be and most likely has been compromised from the government sites already. And since you have also have an Airman Certificate, Passport, etc your information has probably also been compromised. If you haven't already been notified by the Bureau of Personnel Management, you most likely will be soon.

Oh and did I mention that your confidential information can be and most likely has been compromised from the government sites already. And since you have also have an Airman Certificate, Passport, etc your information has probably also been compromised. If you haven't already been notified by the Bureau of Personnel Management, you most likely will be soon.

You didn't need to mention it, I already have been notified. Don't misunderstand my post. I am not advocating anyone do anything, or trying to establish who is right and who is wrong. I am simply picking and choosing my battles. This isn't mine.

Reactions: StumbleBee
Then why did you take the time to read it?

because I was hoping it would be different... but it's not. And... yours is a typical response...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Have not decided yet!

Part of me says "show at least some resistance" so as to discourage them expanding unchecked once the get their toe-in-the-door. One thing I've learned is that "they" always expand until finally they reach some level of pain. The poor and common people get pushed out, and the compliant start screaming once it's too late to do anything about it.

Other part of me says "sure!". I'll register my distant cousin Lenny, well I'm pretty sure his name's Lenny. Then post his registration online in easy to download form "so he has easy access to it". But since I have not decided yet I just told him to "borrow someone else's" because all you seem to need is "someone's" paperwork. But don't worry, I sternly warned him that if he insists on flying without papers that he should only do so in areas where he is sure there are registered flyers! That way if his drone grows a mind of it's own and does something bad, he won't have to lie to the police. They won't know to question him because he is not yet on the drone offenders registry. Boy I sure hope he does the right thing! I'd call him an idiot but in this context I'm sure which way to define it :)

Just what I would expect to hear, anyone who disagrees with you should shut up.

Nope... wrong. I like to debate... just don't get into the "I know you are, but what am I" kind of argument... so far you haven't really debated anything.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
because I was hoping it would be different... but it's not. And... yours is a typical response...
......as well your typical response

......as well your typical response

I beg to differ... look though my posts and note that I have tried to debate this topic. What I discovered is that people are pretty entrenched in their ideas... not really surprising. But it does mean that a thread like this will almost exactly copy the mammoth thread we already had on the subject.

Reactions: aka1ceman
What I discovered is that people are pretty entrenched in their ideas... not really surprising.
See we do agree on some things j/k

Reactions: Buckaye

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik