What Parts Camera Parts Interchange P3P and P3 4k?

Reaction score
I tried looking this up and can't find the answers I'm looking for. Sorry if this has been gone over before, I can't find it.

I have a P3P that was wrecked. I bought it to fix up. I bought a P3 4k camera and gimbal off of Ebay then found out that it doesn't work on the P3P.

What parts are interchangeable? I've used the arms and motors. What I'm curious about is if they are both the same from the top arm down? Could I just swap the main board that is at the very top or are there other differences further down?

Thanks in advance, for any help or info!

I messed up the title and can't edit it, but you get what I meant! Haha

I should have looked a few more minutes before posting. I think I found the answer.

Now I have to figure out why the camera moves all over the place nonstop.

I should have looked a few more minutes before posting. I think I found the answer.

Now I have to figure out why the camera moves all over the place nonstop.
so then what did you find?
is it the not compatible p3-4k camera that is moving all over or the original p3p camera?

Reactions: Joker2415
so then what did you find?
is it the not compatible p3-4k camera that is moving all over or the original p3p camera?

I'm not sure what I did to solve the problem of it moving all around, but it works now. I think I may have had the camera(box part) on the shaft 180 out? I'm not 100% sure what I did that fixed it from wiggling all over the place. It was dancing!! haha

The camera and gimbal is a mix of parts from the P3P and the P3-4k. I think everything is the same between them except the very top board where the arm attaches with the set screw I don't know the name of it yet. The main board on the gimbal. I used the "main board" from the P3P, and everything else from the P3-4k. So far just playing around with it inside the house it works ok. I looked up most of the parts and they are the same parts even down to the ribbon cable. If I looked everything up right.

Either way? It works so far. I know that you can't use the whole thing from the 4k With the "main board", I made that mistake already and ended up getting the P3P drone hot. Luckily I don't think it hurt anything, I pulled the battery pretty quick as soon as I noticed it was heating up.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues