App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Reaction score
I have been using the wonderful djifix.exe, but sometimes it does not repair my videos, so I looked further and found some pieces of software (all console application) which requires a lot of effort and knowledge to build the proper command line, so I made my own GUI application (using those apps, sorry only for Windows) which until now has been able to fix all my P3P damaged videos. I like to share with you all to download, its pretty easy to use. Only choose (browse for) a good video from your disk with the same settings of the damaged one and then choose the damaged video and click fix it, the app will do everything it need to fix it, you will have a new working video in the same folder the application started. I hope it works for you all: download it here
FIX-DJI.zip

Luis J., You are my hero!! After a fantastic Long Distance Test Flight, a record for me by the way. I copied the recorded video only to find that one of the videos wouldn't play. It played for about 30 seconds then just froze up. It didn't matter how I tried to play it, nothing worked. I was so disappointed...

I used your app, and presto, the video has been saved. Thank you so much for your post. I was just getting ready to delete the file. I recommend that anyone that has suffered through this problem to give your fix a try.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....

This is great, I see $ in your future!
So my P3S fell from the sky, ran out of battery. Tried MANY THINGS to repair the video. The fix-dji didn't work because the settings I was using was not on the options, I guess.

SO YOURS WORKED!

File size : 1,693,196 KB (mp4)
About 5 mins!
Repaired : 1,693,100 KB (h264)
That make sense.

Used "Miro Video Converter" to convert (h264) > (mp4)
Took it about 7 hours on same computer.

Result: 741,292 KB (mp4)

It works, but what happened?

So glad you guys could fix your corrupted videos!
RodPad, with my app at the end of the processing you are supposed to have a video:
[original name]-fixed.mov
on the folder from where you start the application. this mov file is final you don't need to convert it again (unless you want another format)
Can you confirm?

Last edited:
Send Me a PM with your email, I will send you 4 picts I just tried it again.
Sample DJI_0046.MP4
Original DJI_0047.MP4
Repaired "Fixed.h264"
WinXp, I have to press FIXIT! Twice.
Rod

it looks like the app did not complete all 3 phases (for some reasons) I have not tried the app on XP, but I will in order to see if there is any incompatibility with the binaries I use. You should not press FIX IT twice, I have just corrected the app to prevent that. (please download again and try the new version.) I will PM with my email. this is a sample video of a good recovery process with my app, dji-fix.mp4

Last edited:
I have upgraded the app so it could work (tested in a XP virtual machine) and some minors enhancements. please try downloading again FIX-DJI.zip

I have posted a video to show how it works:
dji-fix.mp4

Last edited:
I have upgraded the app so it could work (tested in a XP virtual machine) and some minors enhancements. please try downloading again FIX-DJI.zip

I have posted a video to show how it works:
dji-fix.mp4
I will give it a try maybe tonight.

I have been using the wonderful djifix.exe, but sometimes it does not repair my videos, so I looked further and found some pieces of software (all console application) which requires a lot of effort and knowledge to build the proper command line, so I made my own GUI application (using those apps, sorry only for Windows) which until now has been able to fix all my P3P damaged videos. I like to share with you all to download, its pretty easy to use. Only choose (browse for) a good video from your disk with the same settings of the damaged one and then choose the damaged video and click fix it, the app will do everything it need to fix it, you will have a new working video in the same folder the application started. I hope it works for you all: download it here
FIX-DJI.zip
I can't run the exe?

Cool, So you got your file fixed!

Reactions: BigAl07
I've got a large file it's currently working on (2.1Gb) and it's been on Phase 2, 72% for over an hour. It's still processing (screen scrolling files info etc) but it just seems it is taking forever. I started the process about 3 1/2hrs ago. Is this normal or is it actually "stuck"?

I've got a large file it's currently working on (2.1Gb) and it's been on Phase 2, 72% for over an hour. It's still processing (screen scrolling files info etc) but it just seems it is taking forever. I started the process about 3 1/2hrs ago. Is this normal or is it actually "stuck"?

Right after I posted the above (72%) comment it jumped to 84% and is still working away. I have no problem leaving it "processing" over night should this be needed I was just wondering if the OP thought this type of time is normal. It seems normal for such a large file to take a long time especially if the APP is having to do a lot of work.

Yep, he made some changes so it would work on xp32. I updated him yesterday. Before he made the change it wouldn't work at all.
1.7 gig took 20 hrs. When it was done it was .mov instead of .mp4 seems to fine.

Wooo hooo phase 3 running now :)

It WORKED! A video I shot for a client that was 7 mins long died at 45sec. I've tried so many tools and this is the ONLY one that worked.

THANK YOU! I'm headed to your PayPal now to make a contribution to your work.

again THANK YOU!

Reactions: Luis J.
I have upgraded the application again with some enhancements to speed the process now it can convert .h264 files resulted from other applications and convert them to mov files please download new version 3.0 from FIX-DJI.zip
(it works only in Windows XP and up! (sorry no Mac))

Thank you for your continued effort and support. As mentioned earlier your program was a life saver (in terms of electronic media LOL) for me recently.

Reactions: Luis J.
More updates on my app, now it can produce mp4 files (instead of mov) at the end of the process if you choose to, also it converts .h264 files resulted from other applications and convert them to mov or mp4 files, please download new version 3.5 from FIX-DJI.zip
(it works only in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and up! (sorry no Mac, yet)) see video here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers