Anyone in Temecula area?

Reaction score
Cool thing about getting this drone is how it has made me discover so much more about the area I've called home the last 12 years....I have found some cool spots if anyone in the area wants to fly....

And with all the rain this winter, So Cal has never been so green!!!

I grew up in Temecula as a kid. Moved there in 1989 when there was literally nothing out there. My mom still lives in the wineries out there and do fly whenever I visit. Here's a shot of lake Skinner I took last November.
bacccb4c1b71fc616b788480ecbeb40e.jpg

I bet the lake has grown a lot with all the recent rain.. xD
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Cool... I'm in Wolf Creek. I Work nights so Available to fly most days... have got a couple friends in the area who now have one after seeing mine..lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

im in murrieta. i am over in the rancho golf course community off murr hot springs/margarita. I have been flying out in the butterfield stage road area lately, where its pretty vast and wide open. I also have a few videos from the open area next to the new audi dealership.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool...I found a good spot at the south end of Butterfield Stage where it dead ends in Morgan Hill.

i like the very north end of butterfield, where it meets MHS. You can drive off that road, up the hill a little, launch and get just spectacular views of the entire valley all the way from skinner down.

Google Maps

Just bought my DJI Phantom 3 today. Looking to get her up in the air this Saturday. Any suggestions on good places to fly without violating some laws. Live right off Murrieta Hot Springs and Date Street.

Just bought my DJI Phantom 3 today. Looking to get her up in the air this Saturday. Any suggestions on good places to fly without violating some laws. Live right off Murrieta Hot Springs and Date Street.

Cool, welcome! I'm in the golf course community off mhs and margerita. murrieta and Temecula are pretty open areas, I've flown all over, buttefield area, winery area, 215 by Clinton Keith in the big open area to the west and east. murrieta towards the hills, I even did some drone video over by the old mills and burnt school on the old side of town. A really cool place is 79 turn right on rainbow valley and it goes up into the hills and you fly up there for some great scenery of the valley.

The only place you have to avoid is French valley for obvious reason, other than that I've never been hassled by MPD even when I flew on the park next to city hall and the PD HQ. MPD is really cool unless your obnoxious... lol

Cool, welcome! I'm in the golf course community off mhs and margerita. murrieta and Temecula are pretty open areas, I've flown all over, buttefield area, winery area, 215 by Clinton Keith in the big open area to the west and east. murrieta towards the hills, I even did some drone video over by the old mills and burnt school on the old side of town. A really cool place is 79 turn right on rainbow valley and it goes up into the hills and you fly up there for some great scenery of the valley.

The only place you have to avoid is French valley for obvious reason, other than that I've never been hassled by MPD even when I flew on the park next to city hall and the PD HQ. MPD is really cool unless your obnoxious... lol
Thanks for the great info. I'm looking forward to some awesome flights and video! Hopefully I'll see some pilots our and about this weekend. I'll definitely look into the area you mentioned off 79 south. Thanks again bro!

I live in Vista but go by Temecula every time I go to Phoenix about once a month. I could stop one time and fly with anyone who's up for it. I have a Phantom 3P Joe Glenn

Reactions: ramalls
Hey all. Temecula here. Just got my Phantom. Waiting for the wind to die down a little this week so I can go out and play.
I'm relatively new to the Phantom also. Been flying around a lot at the end of Date Street (Open field behind Temecula BMW / Audi). Get some great aerials of the freeway and surrounding area. Plus this place is wide open enough to let me build my flying confidence and get some distance. Headed out there now, and will be there all weekend! Come on out!!!

Has anyone here flow out in wine country yet? I want to go out and get some video of the vineyards but don't want to freak anyone out? Any advice?

Here's a link to my Youtube Video of my flights thus far. These were shot between my first flight (April 27th) and Yesterday. I have some Old Town footage and some other areas around town that I will be processing shortly.

Reactions: Laramie
Here's a link to my Youtube Video of my flights thus far. These were shot between my first flight (April 27th) and Yesterday. I have some Old Town footage and some other areas around town that I will be processing shortly.

nice, i flew around that audi dealership while they were still building it and i have flown around wine country and 79 area in the hills to get some nice shots of pechanga.

Theres enough of us just in this area we should have a meet up!

nice, i flew around that audi dealership while they were still building it and i have flown around wine country and 79 area in the hills to get some nice shots of pechanga.

Theres enough of us just in this area we should have a meet up!

I'm in. Let's get something setup. Would be nice to shoot the breeze and ask some experienced guys all the little questions I have since I'm so new.

New to this stuff but having fun! Got a Phantom 3 Adv. 3 weeks ago and live close to the Plateau in Murrieta. Been flying at the base of the hills and up a few trails around here. What a blast!

What's going on flyers. Thinking of hitting Lake Skinner this Saturday. Anyone been out there flying yet? I would imagine you can get some great shots. Any advice?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31