Any way to balance props?

Reaction score
I don't know if it has been asked yet, but will there be any way to balance the props on the Mavic Pro being as they are foldable instead of a being a solid prop?

The props cannot be disassembled, so you won't be able to balance them in the usual way (if at all). This will most likely turn out to be a non-issue though since DJI props are generally pretty well balanced right out of the box.

I've never balanced props, never had a problem with the original props or extra props for my P3P. I was just asking as a Mavic pro naysayer (has a Blade Chroma 4k, unfortunately) was asking me about it.

I balance routinely. Most of the time their isn't much to do

The props cannot be disassembled, so you won't be able to balance them in the usual way (if at all). This will most likely turn out to be a non-issue though since DJI props are generally pretty well balanced right out of the box.

DJI props are not balanced out of the box and I balance them. It's a different point that phantoms can still work with those unbalanced props.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

DJI props are not balanced out of the box and I balance them.
Right -- I think we agree on this point.

I find about 50% of my props are balanced and the other 50% are just a bit off balance. While I love tweaking them to get them balanced perfectly, they are pretty close -- so close that they probably wouldn't cause any issues flight-wise. Now, if you're someone who loves long distance flying and it's important to use every possible second of the battery, then balancing them is pretty important.

You're balancing Mavic props? Care to share any details on how you're doing it?
No P3... didn't think I needed to specify since... nobody has them yet.

No P3... didn't think I needed to specify since... nobody has them yet.
No worries. Some people on this forum do have a Mavic right now. I didn't want to assume you didn't have one.

Brings back memories of my 'gas' powered R/C planes and balancing wood props, lol. I bet one of those balancers would work fine with P3/4 blades but no clue about the Mavic. Are y'all saying those props can't be removed for balancing?

Are y'all saying those props can't be removed for balancing?
The props can be removed from the Mavic, but there is likely no way to balance them with the prop balancers that people commonly use today.

No worries. Some people on this forum do have a Mavic right now. I didn't want to assume you didn't have one.
Nope ordered the Mavic, paid in full. I'm just rubbing my hands together in anticipation and cleaning up some small issues (reshelling) on the P3p to get it ready for backup duty.

It's going to be glorious ;)

Right -- I think we agree on this point.

I find about 50% of my props are balanced and the other 50% are just a bit off balance. While I love tweaking them to get them balanced perfectly, they are pretty close -- so close that they probably wouldn't cause any issues flight-wise. Now, if you're someone who loves long distance flying and it's important to use every possible second of the battery, then balancing them is pretty important.
What is the best way to balance Phantom 4 props?

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the best way to balance Phantom 4 props?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can find all of the commonly used prop balancers here.

Sometimes you can tighten the screws on folding props to keep them from folding so you can balance them. I wonder if that would work for the mavic props?

The Mavic props are held together by rivets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers