Any update on shipping ?

My FedEx number is not effective at this point. I keep getting an error. I'm hoping this is normal for initial tracking post.

Anyone else getting this error?

My FedEx number is not effective at this point. I keep getting an error. I'm hoping this is normal for initial tracking post.

Anyone else getting this error?
That's normal, just means DJI has printed the label but FEDEX hasn't picked it up and scanned it into their system yet, it normally takes up to 24 hours for information to hit the system.

Reactions: Gearie
I can only agree and this is why I bought mine from a local dealer eventually.

And I asked DJI the following: what are the benefits of being a direct customer?

Till today, no comment from them. I will definitely never ordered from them again and praise the relationship with local dealers instead, which are definitely more customers oriented.

Me too. I preordered P2P w/battery on Apr 9th (next day of launch event), but status has been "pending" till today.

This morning local (Japan) Amazon started to deliver on next day. So I sent mail to sales, but no reply. On evening I called chat service center person and asked again, then she says "wait, I'll check," and... no answer after one hour... may return home after 18:00 in Chinese time!! I decided to cancel the online order and buy from Amazon. And now, I checked my online status again then it changed to "prepare"...? Can I cancel the (slow and expensive) direct store?

I remembered when I went to Chinese embassy to get visa; they do quicker when I pay extra money. Off topic. ;-)

Me too. I preordered P2P w/battery on Apr 9th (next day of launch event), but status has been "pending" till today.

This morning local (Japan) Amazon started to deliver on next day. So I sent mail to sales, but no reply. On evening I called chat service center person and asked again, then she says "wait, I'll check," and... no answer after one hour... may return home after 18:00 in Chinese time!! I decided to cancel the online order and buy from Amazon. And now, I checked my online status again then it changed to "prepare"...? Can I cancel the (slow and expensive) direct store?

I remembered when I went to Chinese embassy to get visa; they do quicker when I pay extra money. Off topic. ;-)

You may become the proud owner of two P3 UAVs.....

That's normal, just means DJI has printed the label but FEDEX hasn't picked it up and scanned it into their system yet, it normally takes up to 24 hours for information to hit the system.
Do you know where they are shipping from? China or California?

So uour extra battery is coming wiyh your P3A? Also did your dealer have batteries and charger in stock?
No charger or batteries in stock yet, give it a couple 2-3 weeks. I had ASSUMED the extra battery would be with the P3A I ordered from DJI, hence the long wait, no communication with them has suggested the battery would be shipped separate, and the FedEx label lists the contents as P3A with extra battery. So your guess is as good as mine at this point, will just have to wait and see.

There are few people who could get P3 in early May on our local Phantom BBS. Some of them ordered WITH extra battery, but the box includes only one battery. One of them asked to DJI, then got answer that the extra battery will be shipped later separately. After that only "without battery" set seems to arrive.
I guess, first, a customer conscientious staff started shipping separately, but he would got scorched by boss about shipping fee. :) Another hypothesis was on the BBS; shipping w/extra battery via air exceeds the limitation of amount of explodable of fleight. So later only many batteries will arrive by surface. But it's doubtful, the limitation maybe applied for total amount or for each company... (actually I don't know).
They shipped the first lot from China (Hongkong or Shenzhen) by DHL, at least for Japan, maybe for Taiwan and Thailand. I don't know about for US or Europe.

Update.
I've checked the DJI store status just now, then changed to "shipped!!" I don't know it's coincidence (I was just at the top of queue), or they hate noisy claimer... :) However they haven't answered to me only once, still their impression is bad for me - unless they include 3 batteries for apologize. Kidding.
DHL status shows the packet (one) is from Shenzhen, China. Weight is uncertain and I don't know they started shipping two battery box this time.

ordered direct from DJI 4/22/15, P3pro with extra battery. got a priority number in the low 5k when I asked.

Got an email about an hour ago saying it shipped but the extra battery would get shipped later, although the tracking number does not work yet.

Spoke too soon. Apparently they sat around with their thumbs up their butts too long and missed the pick up time, now it says will be here on tuesday instead of the original prediction of friday.

Spoke too soon. Apparently they sat around with their thumbs up their butts too long and missed the pick up time, now it says will be here on tuesday instead of the original prediction of friday.
Mine has left the facility but still no ETA as of yet. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I'm on the East Coast so it may take longer.

This annoys me, as far as I can tell Fex-Ex dropped the ball on this one, why did they wait almost 31 hours after receiving the shipment info to pick it up? Not the end of the world but I would have much rather had it tomorrow.

Date/Time
Activity Location

5/14/2015 - Thursday
10:43 pm In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
10:43 pm At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
9:02 pm Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
4:47 pm Picked up SHENZHEN CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

5/13/2015 - Wednesday
9:15 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

This annoys me, as far as I can tell Fex-Ex dropped the ball on this one, why did they wait almost 31 hours after receiving the shipment info to pick it up? Not the end of the world but I would have much rather had it tomorrow.

Date/Time
Activity Location

5/14/2015 - Thursday
10:43 pm In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
10:43 pm At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
9:02 pm Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
4:47 pm Picked up SHENZHEN CN

5/13/2015 - Wednesday
9:15 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
I obviously don't know what actually happened or who dropped the ball, but FedEx gets notified that the label was created when shipper creates it.
If shipper chose to sit on their hands for a day, week or forever, there is nothing FedEx can do but to cancel tracking # after 30 days.
Same thing can happen if they lose the package before it gets picked up.
Sender will investigate, but if FedEx does not show that the package was ever scanned in...

I obviously don't know what actually happened or who dropped the ball, but FedEx gets notified that the label was created when shipper creates it.
If shipper chose to sit on their hands for a day, week or forever, there is nothing FedEx can do but to cancel tracking # after 30 days.
Same thing can happen if they lose the package before it gets picked up.
Sender will investigate, but if FedEx does not show that the package was ever scanned in...

ah, so you are saying they could have created the the label on wednesday but not actually call them until thursday for a pickup?

Date/Time
Activity

5/14/2015 - Thursday

11:05 pm
At local FedEx facility
LANTAU ISLAND HK

10:43 pm
At local FedEx facility
LANTAU ISLAND HK

10:43 pm
In transit
LANTAU ISLAND HK

9:02 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHENZHEN CN

4:47 pm
Picked up
SHENZHEN CN

I'm pretty annoyed here. On April 15th, I pre-ordered from Flight Techs via Amazon.

I just got an update that my P3 won't ship until June 5 - June 26 (which probably means June 26...)

Should I call Flight Techs?

Pleasant surprise today. FedEx predicted a delivery date 5/18, but the P3A, without the extra battery, appeared at the door today.

It has .18 firmware and connected with mt Samsung S4.

First flight tomorrow morning, the wind is gusting at 25mph this evening.

I ordered on April 9 and reference number was 5739.

Reactions: Gearie

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart