Any update on shipping ?

When the new batteries become widely available, I will be disappointed if they are immediately offered at the same discounted price that we, the "extra battery" customers, were offered.
I am assuming that the $100 price of the "extra battery" was discounted for customers that chose to bundle.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the batteries hit the general market at a lower price.

When the new batteries become widely available, I will be disappointed if they are immediately offered at the same discounted price that we, the "extra battery" customers, were offered.
I am assuming that the $100 price of the "extra battery" was discounted for customers that chose to bundle.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the batteries hit the general market at a lower price.

Extra batteries will be $149 each.

Have you received your refund yet?
Me, I preordered on April 9, I cancelled on May 5 and as of today, May 13, still waiting for the refund. I was advised by DJI that it will take about 7 working days for the refund as I paid by credit card (actually, I was a debit card so the cash was immediately withdrawn from my bank account but DJI doesn't make any difference as long as it is VISA...). If by the end of this week, I don't get my refund, I am not going to be happy.

Me, I preordered on April 9, I cancelled on May 5 and as of today, May 13, still waiting for the refund. I was advised by DJI that it will take about 7 working days for the refund as I paid by credit card (actually, I was a debit card so the cash was immediately withdrawn from my bank account but DJI doesn't make any difference as long as it is VISA...). If by the end of this week, I don't get my refund, I am not going to be happy.
That is crazy! I will never order from them again. My fear was that I'd cancel and they would hold up my refund long enough for what ever dealer I would have gone through to run out of stock. I gotta say I waited longer than this when dealing with Black Magic Design for my Pocket Camera but at least they let me know exactly how long it would actually take and not to place the order under an immediate deadline. That is why I'm so pissed. They should simply go through dealers period. Seriously!

Reactions: AYA74
That is crazy! I will never order from them again. My fear was that I'd cancel and they would hold up my refund long enough for what ever dealer I would have gone through to run out of stock. I gotta say I waited longer than this when dealing with Black Magic Design for my Pocket Camera but at least they let me know exactly how long it would actually take and not to place the order under an immediate deadline. That is why I'm so pissed. They should simply go through dealers period. Seriously!

I can only agree and this is why I bought mine from a local dealer eventually.

And I asked DJI the following: what are the benefits of being a direct customer?

Till today, no comment from them. I will definitely never ordered from them again and praise the relationship with local dealers instead, which are definitely more customers oriented.

Here are a few dealers I bought my P3 and accessories from and that I would recommend:
- RP Innovations (Singapore)
- Advexure (US)
- Ready Made RC (US)

Good luck to all of you who ordered from DJI and still waiting...

Reactions: Gearie
I'm still waiting for my P3P from B&H... I'm first in line in the per order list too. Talked to them yesterday, no estimate of when they'll get a shipment. Still plan to stick with them because I love their customer service and want to give them my business.

Anyone get there's yet from UAVDirect? I spoke with Eric from UAVDirect and I'm 26th on the list and they have sold 24...but that was a week ago Monday :(.

ordered direct from DJI 4/22/15, P3pro with extra battery. got a priority number in the low 5k when I asked.

Got an email about an hour ago saying it shipped but the extra battery would get shipped later, although the tracking number does not work yet.

Woke up today and checked my email and you won't believe it. It shipped! Ahead of the time I was told. I'm eating a number of my words right now and am glad to do so. I will make my deadline and am glad to be wrong today!

All of that being said from now on I will not be preordering. Instead I will follow the forums and wait for the dealers to get them in stock. Way less stressful.

I was priority 4688. Has anyone else received a shipped email?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-13-08-11-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-13-08-11-02.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Reactions: sawx75
Woke up today and checked my email and you won't believe it. It shipped! Ahead of the time I was told. I'm eating a number of my words right now and am glad to do so. I will make my deadline and am glad to be wrong today!

All of that being said from now on I will not be preordering. Instead I will follow the forums and wait for the dealers to get them in stock. Way less stressful.

I was priority 4688. Has anyone else received a shipped email?

Cool, well you will just have to the stress of first flight testing/software /firmware updates etc :)

Have you received your refund yet?

Received confirmation of cancellation yesterday, still waiting for a refund on my CC, but that can take 3-5 days. P3P should be arriving tomorrow, which is too bad cause I have a shoot with the Delorean Time Machine today.

as much as I like to complain I do have to point out that while I really wanted them to send me my drone as soon as possible and was upset when I heard of all these other people getting their drones early... it DID say right on the site when I ordered that it would not ship until mid may, and thats exactly when they are shipping it.

as much as I like to complain I do have to point out that while I really wanted them to send me my drone as soon as possible and was upset when I heard of all these other people getting their drones early... it DID say right on the site when I ordered that it would not ship until mid may, and thats exactly when they are shipping it.
They seem to be pretty accurate on their posted time frames so far. Pretty impressed, actually.

Received confirmation of cancellation yesterday, still waiting for a refund on my CC, but that can take 3-5 days. P3P should be arriving tomorrow, which is too bad cause I have a shoot with the Delorean Time Machine today.

And that was my worst fear. Missing my shoot. I hope my extra battery will arrive before the shoot. Hopefully dealers will have some available for purchase as well.

Cool, well you will just have to the stress of first flight testing/software /firmware updates etc :)

Based on the post I've been reading I feel pretty confident that the copter will perform well. I understand the problems some have had with shutting down the copter in mid air while trying to descend and the foam removal from the gimbal. Firmware went up last week as well

I got pissed when I was told early June. That would have went against my entire reason for ordering the copter

Last edited:
I just got to fly my partner's P3P, and it is an impressive upgrade from the P2. It feels like it is turbo charged. Much quicker response. I'm coming from a non FPV GoPro, so the FPV, and the ability to record from my phone was impressive. Yaw has been reduced dramatically, and I can get smoother pans than I could with my P2.
Also, the battery charge time is 1/2 of what it was on the P2. I might be able to get away with 3 sets of batteries on a charge rotation for a day long shoot.

I just got to fly my partner's P3P, and it is an impressive upgrade from the P2. It feels like it is turbo charged. Much quicker response. I'm coming from a non FPV GoPro, so the FPV, and the ability to record from my phone was impressive. Yaw has been reduced dramatically, and I can get smoother pans than I could with my P2.
Also, the battery charge time is 1/2 of what it was on the P2. I might be able to get away with 3 sets of batteries on a charge rotation for a day long shoot.
What is the recharge time?

My buddy claims 40 minutes. I have not verified this myself. So with a run time of 18 (safe) minutes, and a charge time of 40, if you have juice, you could get a good rotation going.
I ordered another battery (3rd) and a 100 watt charger from AdveXture, So I will be able to charge 2 batteries on the 'fast' charger and one on the 'slow' at the same time, and all 3 should be done together.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor