AMA is protecting our hobby

Reaction score
Government Relations Update, June 29, 2017

AMA is working hard in Washington, D.C. to represent and protect our hobby. We want to share with you more information about our activities this week.

First, AMA President Rich Hanson attended two meetings of the FAA’s Aviation Rulemaking Committee (ARC), which brings the industry together to provide recommendations to the FAA concerning a full range of aviation-related issues. Importantly, this includes the integration of UAS into our nation’s airspace. For years, AMA has shared our experience managing the hobbyist community in these meetings, which play a significant role in shaping FAA policy.

Also, our Director of Government Relations, Chad Budreau, participated in the Domestic Drone Security Summit. The goal of this meeting is to facilitate engagement between industry and government around drone security issues, inspire understanding, discuss solutions, and find areas for mutual collaboration.

This week Chad also met with the Army Corp of Engineers to discuss a potential partnership that could allow AMA to open many new flying sites across the U.S. Although this opportunity is still in the discussion phase, we are excited about creating more places for you to fly.

As always, we are committed to updating members on AMA’s government relations efforts as frequently as possible, including our work to protect the Special Rule for Model Aircraft in FAA reauthorization legislation. The most up to date information is available on our website www.modelaircraft.org/gov and we encourage you to reach out with any questions.

Source: Government Relations Update, June 29, 2017 | AMA Government Relations Blog

That's why I encourage people to join AMA membership. You get with the membership liability to up to a million dollars plus the opportunity to get to know other AMA members.

That's why I encourage people to join AMA membership. You get with the membership liability to up to a million dollars plus the opportunity to get to know other AMA members.
I've seen this posted around before, so I wonder. Are there stiplulations no longer in place for the insurance?
When I was a member years ago, the insurance coverage did have stipulations, and one of them was that flight had to be at a AMA registered field.

I've seen this posted around before, so I wonder. Are there stiplulations no longer in place for the insurance?
When I was a member years ago, the insurance coverage did have stipulations, and one of them was that flight had to be at a AMA registered field.

They still have same rules, however they currently have different type of insurances that you can use it anywhere you want to fly, not just in an AMA field.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20