What this is really about (my opinion)

When drones are outlawed, only outlaws will have drones. ;)
Will they embed this in the drone when it’s manufactured rather than making us instal it after market. Won’t get the drones already out there but it would be a start.
Yes, like fun and dog registration, only the law abiding people will do it.
You can drive around the streets with no licence plate with impunity, until you’re seen by a cop and then it’s all on. Same with drones, no enforcement, and you’ll get away with it.

DJI has been using "Aeroscope" in their firmware since 2017 as far as I know. Take a look at what it's about here.

That was the argument made, of course, but the fact remains that most other countries grounded the aircraft based on the information available. Even the cursory review of the publicly available flight telemetry made the similarities of the two incidents very obvious, and the existing information on the first crash had already cast serious doubt on whether this was just a lack of training by the airlines. And the US decision to follow suit did not appear to result from the development of any new information - more a belated acknowledgement of the obvious. There is no way to spin this well for Boeing, the FAA or the administration.

Yep, thats a counter-story. Sequence still isn't correct though. No intention to spin anything one way or another, just to encourage critical thinking.

Well, it has to communicate with the system and Verison is pushing hard to make it 5G so I would guess (just a guess) that it would be, at a minimum, an inexpensive cell phone (say $100), then fees to register it with whatever central system they use and a monthly fee $20? I have no inside information, that's only a guess. My guess would be at least $390 per drone for the first year and $240 each year after that...again, only a guess. That's chump change though, for a larger commercial operator. I'm really hoping I'm wrong and simply misreading it, but the money has the political power.

To make it feasible
So I'm an evil terrorist about to bomb x building. Does the FAA actually think I will add a remote ID to my drone, so you know I'm on my way to bomb you? I wonder how dumb are these people?

So, who are the dumb people? First in a terrorist situation, just as with aircraft, you have to eliminate the identifiable aircraft as friendlies, or hostiles, then the unidentifiables. Then you can determine better the drones that are up to no good. The more drones that are identifiable and in the immediate area are more than likely not the terrorists. Yes, the terrorists are not going to be identifiable, look at them first. There are millions of drones in the U.S. and most are registered and would further have no problem hooking up with this system. Millions of drones are possibly eliminated as the terrorist drone so they then can focus on the unidentifiable drones as possible terrorist drones. Process of elimination.

Yep, thats a counter-story. Sequence still isn't correct though. No intention to spin anything one way or another, just to encourage critical thinking.

What do you mean by "counter-story" and "Sequence still isn't correct though"? Which sequence isn't correct? And what's a counter-story?

I wasn't suggesting that you were spinning anything.

What do you mean by "counter-story" and "Sequence still isn't correct though"? Which sequence isn't correct? And what's a counter-story?

I wasn't suggesting that you were spinning anything.

I think this thread has gone a bit sideways.

I just hope folks consider the possibility that maybe they should question what they think.

I think this thread has gone a bit sideways.

I just hope folks consider the possibility that maybe they should question what they think.

Completely agree - I'm just trying to figure out what you are thinking. The thread diverged a bit from the OP, but the Boeing topic was still interesting.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj