My big concern is my current hardware. I installed all the whistles and bells only to discover that it won't be allowed possibly. We are in the process of replacing the Inspire because I can't do the job without something small to pick up the little stuff. The FireFly is great on big jobs but its too much of a pain to drag out and set up for a 1-5 minute flight. Its a crap shoot but I've settled on a Phantom 4 for now. At least the cost isn't something we couldn't surplus and replace when the regs change if it comes to that. The big bird though....just have to see what shakes out.It was as of April/May of this year. The outside firm is going through the submissions trying to get them into sensible buckets. Then they will be processed and who knows what will come down the pipes from that.
The way NPRM goes... if they have to make several "significant" revisions each one could significantly delay the final ruling because each one gets a Comment Period followed by a Review Period. Who knows . . . .