All kinds of grief - and my mission won't fly

Reaction score
Website
www.stevenmichelsen.com
I created a mission on my PC, then set up my Phantom 3 Advanced, got the props idling, opened the mission on my ipad, hit the button to load and start the mission - it loaded, and then I got a "mission ended" statement! The P3A took off and hovered at 1 foot.

The mission has no distances between WPs longer than 600 feet or so. It ends in the same place it starts from. The mission flies up a mountain, so the elevation changes about 1000 feet - however I have the max altitude set to 500 meters.

Also on that day, but not at the same time, my controller started beeping at me and I got a dialog saying I needed to recalibrate my sticks.

WHAT IS CAUSING all this trouble? I have flown many missions with this rig with no trouble until today. I am only here (Tucson, by the mountains) for a few days - I would hate to miss this chance! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

FWIW here's the mission. Mission Hub - Litchi

Thanks!
Steve

Waypoint #12 has a problem. You do not have above ground checked. That could be the issue.

Waypoint #12 has a problem. You do not have above ground checked. That could be the issue.

I added WP#12 after the fact, on the ipad rather than the PC. The "above ground" option is not available on my ipad or phone, only my PC. It could be that Litchi on those two devices needs to be updated. In any event, he actual height is halfway between the two on either side so it should be fine.

It could be that Litchi on those two devices needs to be updated.
That is quite possible. The above ground feature was just recently added.

BTW here is that mission imported to google earth. I removed that "offending" WP. Wasn't really needed. I have just recalibrated my sticks using DJI Go. I can't quite see how that would cause a Litchi mission to not run, but for now it's all I got. I will be out in a couple of hours to try again.

Tucson day 2 trip 1.png

BTW here is that mission imported to google earth. I removed that "offending" WP. Wasn't really needed. I have just recalibrated my sticks using DJI Go. I can't quite see how that would cause a Litchi mission to not run, but for now it's all I got. I will be out in a couple of hours to try again.

View attachment 99136
Nice, hope you get it to fly. What mountain is that? Maybe fly manually if Litchi wont let you run.

OK I did two things, and now my machine flies! I updated to the latest Mac version of Litchi on my ipad, and I calibrated the sticks with DJI Go. Now it flies and runs missions as expected. I flew that route 2x and another similar one once for a total of 24 minutes of flying over fantastically beautiful scenery, about an hour before sunset. I am cutting it together now and will post it soon. Thanks to all for your input.

Steve

Nightwolf, there's no way I could do manually what I planned for my mission. Flying backwards up a mountain...
Here are the highlights of my trips.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nightwolf I see that you are in the Phoenix area. Got any recommendations for a scenic spot to go flying that won't raise any red flags?

Reactions: The Springs
Nightwolf, there's no way I could do manually what I planned for my mission. Flying backwards up a mountain...
Here are the highlights of my trips.

Nightwolf I see that you are in the Phoenix area. Got any recommendations for a scenic spot to go flying that won't raise any red flags?

Your link is broken, but I’d love to see your footage in YouTube. Anyway I can see it by searching?

here you are...

Tucson

Canyon Lake near Phoenix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31