Extreme Interference grounded a Mission ????

This UAV has been in my possession for 3 years now and I've only calibrated it 3 times. The last was at this bloody picnic table. And yes, the DJI Go setup screen said Compass Calibration Now (Red Letters) and of course, I could not calibrate unless I changed positions plus or minus 15 feet or so.

I did get the yellow text complaining of extreme interference, etc., I cannot recite verbatim the message ..

Took off once from the roof of 2013 Chrysler Minivan and had very little if any right stick control of the P4P for about 100'. Obviously the throttle worked but the right stick didn't seem to do anything and then suddenly went into a hover. Don't know if it was the vehicle's steel or something else. Since then I find a "safe" spot. Many bridges (including ones that are concrete, but steel reinforced) will give compass error. Bottom line is when the instruments are acting crazy..... don't take off.

Nooooo, the bed of my old truck. Would i lie to you ?
Now I drive a 2012 Ford and it won't let me but i fly from inside of it in the cab with the heat on . :)

Funny Stuff!

"Now I drive a 2012 Ford and it won't let me but i fly from inside of it in the cab"

Same Bird, just a different truck?
or
Many Birds, with a different truck?

This part actually.
" it won't let me"
Is this a certain Bird?

You must have had error messages before you got in the air?

Oh,
Is this Chevy / Ford thing?
Chevy was manufactured with American steel, Ford steel was imported? :rolleyes:;):)

All good stuff on a very confusing subject, took me a while myself.
Because if this forum, I get it.

Rod

Rod I got rid of the GMC which had a steel bed and got the
Ford. Beleave the bed liner is aluminum and was flying a
M2P in that if I remember correctly but could use any of my birds to do the same thing.
As far as
You must have had error messages before you got in the air?
i had none and if I had when I powered up bird I would
not even tryed to take off.
Now why I could take off from the GMC and if you relook I’m
over the 5th wheel hitch hole looking at the rear end I don’t know. Could even do precision Landings and it would land
there.

Reactions: RodPad
I flew today over 700 miles from home and everything is working perfectly. Everything is in the low green range on the sensors. No calibrating of any kind.

WOW! BVLOS waiver? Was this a one way mission? o_O (JK) ...

you Need to read the warnings carefully. There are 2 different ones, relating to 2 different problems. Compass interference comes from trying to launch from a place of strong magnetic fields. The other message has to do with radio interference, and results from other radio wave sources competing with the ac and rc radio signals.

Strong magnetic interference will result in a major discrepancy between the inertial navigation system yaw value, and the magnetic compass setting. This often results in erratic flight and crash. Radio interference will cause a lack of video feed, and rc control. When it ultimately drops out for 3 seconds or more, the drone executes a RTH an$ returns safely. This assumes that RTH was set properly on takeoff.

I once tried to take off over a large manhole cover in an open space area. Once the drone took off, it was nearly uncontrollable. Landing and taking off over bare ground fixed the problem.
Another time we tried to launch near two sets of powerlines. My P3 said 'no way hombre' while the Mavic Platinum calibrated a-ok. The P3 had no issues when we moved to another location about 1km down the road.

Reactions: BigAl07
Electrical interference is real bad at my dads house. My mother can’t even wear a heart monitor because of it. P3 is a no go while my P4 has no problem. Two Toy drones were just fly away and I never have found them.

Reactions: TheRealDazzler
Well, I finally found some time to modify this Litchi mission and ensure that I was avoiding anything having to do with that alien picnic table and fly the mission. I had to execute twice because I still, on rare occasions, STILL forget 2 things: changing to F mode when I start the mission (no biggy, right?) and PRESSING record! (I don't use the auto record feature for reasons I cannot explain). The entire first attempt was great except for failing to record. Dope. Anyway, if you want to see the Litchi mission details here's a link to the AirData mission player.

I've only just begun to create the video with edits and it's going to be challenging to make a story of it. Stay tuned ...

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4