"Aircraft Disconnected" Warning. Flight Log Ended

I took a screen cap of the last video image and the map which I will attach, as well as a shot I took from my vantage point of it's last known position in the sky. ... In my post disappearance search I noticed the video image frozen and the last known position are not matched, the frozen image has a view of the area where it showed as being on the map last.
For mysterious incidents like this, the only thing to do is to look at the flight data.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone may be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

d72134ab8c228d8e50518e52b229a315.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

For mysterious incidents like this, the only thing to do is to look at the flight data.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone may be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

That doesnt seem to be working so well, but here is a link to the log file from HealthyDrones.com
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

That doesnt seem to be working so well, but here is a link to the log file from HealthyDrones.com
Unfortunately Healthydrones only gives a brief summary of some of the data and is next to useless for incident investigation.
Phantomhelp seems to be working from here .... if you can upload to HD you can upload to Phantomhelp.

Which version of Litchi are you running? I've never seen a log file like that one. It's missing a lot of columns in the CSV file.

Which version of Litchi are you running? I've never seen a log file like that one. It's missing a lot of columns in the CSV file.

Ver 1.15.1 of Litchi for dji mavic/phantom/inspire, last updated from iOS app store on Dec 26th, 2016, showing as current ver on my end. Have it set to log file auto sync to healthydrones, that's where I got my csv file from.

Ah, that explains it then. You need to upload your Litchi flight log to my log viewer.

The problem is that you're uploading the CSV from Healthy Drones instead of the CSV created by Litchi on your mobile device. My log viewer is not able to read Healthy Drones CSV files.

Oh... well I wasn't aware. Correct one is uploaded now.

Spyderz - have you started a thread of your own (since you jacked lugerc's thread)? I'm trying to keep track of all the flyers who have had unexplained behavior after a disconnect. I started a thread about our experience - it was a bit different than yours, more like luger's... but I don't want to hijack his thread myself, so just take a look here.

I didn't mean to hijack, sincere apologies to Lugerc and all others, for having done so. I've never dealt with logs before til now, other than setting up so they sync, never had a need to, so a lot of wasted messages related to the logs. All I was trying to do was weigh in that this happened to me too recently as someone else post in this thread was saying he was alone in this happening. Anyway I'll check out your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: WBN3
Spyderz - have you started a thread of your own (since you jacked lugerc's thread)? I'm trying to keep track of all the flyers who have had unexplained behavior after a disconnect. I started a thread about our experience - it was a bit different than yours, more like luger's... but I don't want to hijack his thread myself, so just take a look here.
You're also keeping track of probable cause right? Lugers was pretty clear as to the cause. Tall buildings blocking signal.

You're also keeping track of probable cause right? Lugers was pretty clear as to the cause. Tall buildings blocking signal.

Well I'm not smart enough to determine probable cause, just keeping track of the various stories. You missed his statement that he was following the drone in the boat, so the buildings that were between his Home point and where it was last in contact were not between the RC and the drone at the time it was lost.

Well I'm not smart enough to determine probable cause, just keeping track of the various stories. You missed his statement that he was following the drone in the boat, so the buildings that were between his Home point and where it was last in contact were not between the RC and the drone at the time it was lost.
We still don't have all the pieces he never showed us where he was if he had moved.

We still don't have all the pieces he never showed us where he was if he had moved.

You are correct, he did not. He only stated that his boat driver had a visual on it until the moment he lost contact.

Lugerc, you are NOT alone in this. I had the same thing happen to my P3P on Thursday the 12th, two days ago. I was a bit closer, was 800 some feet away from myself. I may have lost contact I think due to a cell tower antenna right next to where I was flying from, or possibly an overzealous seagull that didn't like me being in it's space. those bastards are territorial after all and I had irritated a few of them with my flying earlier in the six minute flight. I had mine set to return to home on the event of disconnect and have had it do as such previously, but not this time. I had full line of sight to the Phantom, looked down at my iPad to check my video framing when I saw the disconnect message and video freeze. I looked back up and I couldn't see it. It was early morning so still a little dim, but daylight. I did have the forward LED's turned off, had I had them on maybe it would have been easier to spot the Phantom. Regardless I was basically straight out from my position about 800 feet and one hundred feet up. I pulled back on the stick to fly it backward to me in case I still had some control, but after having done so for several seconds and seeing nothing. A few seconds after the disconnect the video came back for a brief second and then gone again, but in that brief second it appeared that it had been flying back towards me as I had been commanding. I kept trying with the back stick but it never reappeared in the sky nor reconnected. I even pressed the RTH button but it never came back. I took a screen cap of the last video image and the map which I will attach, as well as a shot I took from my vantage point of it's last known position in the sky. I searched the area where it showed as being last, but turned up nothing other than a dead pigeon which I don't think could take it out, nor did it seem chopped by props or anything. In my post disappearance search I noticed the video image frozen and the last known position are not matched, the frozen image has a view of the area where it showed as being on the map last.

Spyderz, PM me and I'll tell you the secret on how to get another drone from DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl