"Aircraft Disconnected" Warning. Flight Log Ended

Inbox quota gonna be LIT!!! :)
Hahah WBN3 I'm appalled by the lack of service provided by DJI on this case. My boat driver friend of mine and I did a Nitrox dive in the river where we suspect it may have gone down. We even climbed "illegally" on top of a performing arts center where it could have crashed into. This drone is GONE! So if you'd like to know the secret also, PM me.

I too managed to get myself on the roof of several buildings in the area I suspected I went down, yet didn't find anything related to my Phantom. I'm thinking it came down somewhere and someone took it or kept it or what was left. What I don't understand for the life of me tho is why it didn't return to home as it was set to in the app and has done the few times I've had communication issues between the tx and bird. And with an excessive rth alt of 200 meters, it shouldn't have run into anything as nothing in the area was taller than that. I think the mystery is what is going to bother me the most in trying to figure how to prevent and avoid this in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

...What I don't understand for the life of me tho is why it didn't return to home as it was set to in the app and has done the few times I've had communication issues between the tx and bird. And with an excessive rth alt of 200 meters, it shouldn't have run into anything as nothing in the area was taller than that. I think the mystery is what is going to bother me the most in trying to figure how to prevent and avoid this in the future...

This is my biggest issue as well. We were fortunate to find ours, and it appears to be functional - but without a definitive explanation from DJI, I don't have much confidence that it won't happen again.

Hahah WBN3 I'm appalled by the lack of service provided by DJI on this case. My boat driver friend of mine and I did a Nitrox dive in the river where we suspect it may have gone down. We even climbed "illegally" on top of a performing arts center where it could have crashed into. This drone is GONE! So if you'd like to know the secret also, PM me.
Are you going to give any more details of your incident?
I asked a week ago for info needed to solve this mystery and I hat leaving mysteries unsolved.
Where were you at the time you lost contact?
A lat/long from Google Earth or a picture would be good.
It's always useful to find out the cause of problems for yourself and others.

I'm going to be a bit brutal here.

If you fly in urban location where birds, RFI, other aircraft of any sort can affect the flight and loose the craft then the pilot has to take blame regardless of craft fault of not.

Especially with water there is no chance of retrieval and have to accept if it goes down it's gone and your on your own.

These are not military grade craft and are at best high end toys and can and will fail, some of the flying being seen is crazy and OK you lost it and I'm sorry for that but I have studied many hundreds of flight logs as has Phantom Help and more often than not it's situation related not craft.

People but understanding what the craft will do in certain failsafe conditions.

Again I am sorry for the loss but DJI have made you an resonance offer, more than I would have looking at that location tbh.

I would take it.

You don't have to be brutal, I'm in agreement with you. I'm not blaming anyone, nor saying DJI makes a faulty product, nor saying I'm owed anything. I believe I've been pretty clear on that part. I'm not looking for any hand outs or discounts from DJI. I'm a big boy who takes responsibility for his actions. Yes I clearly realize flying in an urban environment has it own challenges, yet ones I've handled very well with that bird many many times previously. I was just stating what happened and that I too had a fly off and non return to home and couldn't figure why it didn't at least return to home.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I was just stating what happened and that I too had a fly off and non return to home and couldn't figure why it didn't at least return to home.
Without evidence, you can't say that your Phantom flew off.
People used to explain lost P1s and P2s like that but since the P3 we have been able to examine flight records which show a logical explanation for most lost Phantoms.
Flyaways are so rare that it's extremely unlikely to be what happened to yours.

Without evidence, you can't say that your Phantom flew off.
People used to explain lost P1s and P2s like that but since the P3 we have been able to examine flight records which show a logical explanation for most lost Phantoms.
Flyaways are so rare that it's extremely unlikely to be what happened to yours.

Ok well nit pick the wording all you want, but it didn't return to home for whatever reason, and that's all I've been saying all along. I'm sorry you couldn't read that from the rest of my words. Maybe you are just too conditioned to people claiming it flew back to China or some crap like that or blaming DJI, stuff that I haven't been saying or doing at all. I do believe in my initial post I may have said something about aggressive avian species as a possible contributing factor or the proximity of high power rf equipment adjacent to my home location as a possibility as well of why this flight wasn't ordinary and left me without a bird when it was done. All I've been saying is it didn't return and it's a mystery to me as what the actual factors to cause that were.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Update on my current situation. Today my friend and I did another scuba dive in the river where it may have gone down... We found it at the very bottom. The grey part where the sd card is located was eaten away and the camera was barely hanging on by a thread. Its been at the bottom of a 20ft deep channel for about two weeks now so what can I expect. What should I do now?

Update on my current situation. Today my friend and I did another scuba dive in the river where it may have gone down... We found it at the very bottom. The grey part where the sd card is located was eaten away and the camera was barely hanging on by a thread. Its been at the bottom of a 20ft deep channel for about two weeks now so what can I expect. What should I do now?
Very expensive and dirty paper weight? I kid, honestly it's a rock at this point. Nothing you can do. I'm guessing you didn't buy DJI refresh either. :/

Youre probably right. I'm gonna send it into DJI just to be sure though. Any idea how much it costs to have one repaired?

Youre probably right. I'm gonna send it into DJI just to be sure though. Any idea how much it costs to have one repaired?

We were quoted 2 hours at $65/hr for a minimal repair... I would agree that yours is probably not worth the trouble. We've had a horrible experience with DJI customer service. One of the replies to my post shared a link about removing the internal SD memory from a Phantom (not the one that captures pictures and video), which would allow you to potentially retrieve the .dat file and upload it to PhantomHelp's website to see what happened after you disconnected. That presumes there was no file corruption from the crash.

One question - was the battery still in it when you found it?

here is another sad story IM still trying to recover my money from !

Hello my name is David Johnson ,after saving my money for the last 5 mts I was able to buy a Phantom 4 Dji drone from best buy ,I was flying the drone on Sunday November 6 around 12 in the afternoon on a clear sunny day here in California for some reason the pic went out on my ipad and the drone went out of the flight pattern and just flew away I immediately pushed the return to home button on the receiver however the drone did not come back I tried for hours looking for the drone but could not find it !

I contacted Dji support to see if they could help and they said to look for the flight patterns in the ipad to see where the last location was and search in that area.

I went to my account on the DJI app (USING MY EMAIL ADDRESS [email protected] pass word ''gale2020'') and it did not show any flight patterns or any other data , I tried to explain this to the support team and they seem to give me the run around then told me there is nothing they could do for me !

I invested over $1200 to end up with only a receiver and a lost defected Phantom 4 drone and no support to help me retrieve the drone !

I went to I tunes and downloaded the fight records 3 in all and they was corrupted !

Without any logs of any sort, there isn't much to say. :/ The logs are just text files, what do you mean when you say they were corrupted?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor