After crash blues

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.im a noob here and to the whole drone world To make a long story short I bought a used Phantom 3 on Facebook marketplace flew it a couple of times and then of course a tree branch happen to fly in my flight path lol So I ordered new parts from DJI and the Internet put it back together it flies perfectly except for when I started up my gimbal goes crazy would the famous gimbal dance.i looked on YouTube Check all the bolts and shafts everything was good.ribbon cable looks good no cuts or chafing .did imu and gimbal recal Everything looks like you just pulled it out of the Box but yet I am still getting the gimbal dance any thoughts please help...thanks

Welcome to the Forum!

What is your F/C?
Flights vs. Crashes? :rolleyes: ;)

Maybe post a video?
Does it every stop dancing?
Does the camera work?

Rod

Welcome to the Forum!

What is your F/C?
Flights vs. Crashes? :rolleyes: ;)

Maybe post a video?
Does it every stop dancing?
Does the camera work?

Rod
3 flights and 1 crash camera does work and does stop dancing I will post a video asap

I have seen some 0/1 :eek:
Yes, Video, if it stops dancing it should be working. ;)

Rod

I have seen some 0/1 :eek:
Yes, Video, if it stops dancing it should be working. ;)

Rod
Trying to post a video but every video I take its saying the file is too big.but when it stops dancing it's looking up and to the corner.ill keep on that video upload

Yeah, upload to Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
Paste a link here and look at your sharing options on that sight for embedding, etc.

Rod

Trying to post a video but every video I take its saying the file is too big.but when it stops dancing it's looking up and to the corner.ill keep on that video upload

Any error messages when you fire up the app?

Reactions: RodPad
Id bet you have a gimbal motor overload message in the app for sure.
Look at .38 seconds in the video. Looks like the gimbal was stressed in the crash.
Fire up R/C and drone then open app, look for any error messages.

Edit: Your post came through as I was responding.

Just gimbal motor overload on dji app

Pull cover off of the roll motor and make sure the flat part of the shaft is in align with the horizon of
the gimbal base.

More or less this is what you want
20180601_212745.jpg

Pull cover off of the roll motor and make sure the flat part of the shaft is in align with the horizon
Pull cover off of the roll motor and make sure the flat part of the shaft is in align with the horizon of
the gimbal base.

More or less this is what you want
View attachment 99726
Look when I touched one of the arms in the video 1:15-1:18 do you think it could be the motor could be bad bc it doesent return or move when its dancing

I cant say yes or no that the motor is bad. Im kinda in the same boat as you! But after looking around
a lot of user's here have replaced their ribbon cable in very similar circumstances as yours
and had very good luck.

Maybe it is something you can try? I saw that you stated yours was intact. I don't know maybe its
a thought. Hopefully you find your fix, and if you do please let me know. If I get a answer before
you I will surely let you know.

I cant say yes or no that the motor is bad. Im kinda in the same boat as you! But after looking around
a lot of user's here have replaced their ribbon cable in very similar circumstances as yours
and had very good luck.

Maybe it is something you can try? I saw that you stated yours was intact. I don't know maybe its
a thought. Hopefully you find your fix, and if you do please let me know. If I get a answer before
Thanks I will let you know.good luck to you as well

and had very good luck.

Hey harpo I recently sent my p3s to dji fot the gimbal dance and they emailed me telling me it was the wifi main board on the gimbal so that's somthing to concider.hope this was helpfull

The first thing I notice is that the camera is pointing forward before it’s turned on. It should be pointing down prior to startup. Is it possible the camera was installed incorrectly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers