Add another fly away to the tally.

I didnt "just assume" you where flying recklessly, you where flying recklessly, your logs proved that beyond any doubt. And you proved your ignorance by calling BS on my comments and pointing to the DJI app. Even after 2 full scale pilots tried to tell you, you still seem unable to accept that what you did was both illegal and dangerous. You're more concerned about a $1000 toy than the safety of other human beings, so yep, I for one am glad if you no longer have the tools to endanger other people lives. I even have to fight the urge to report your flight log to the FAA as the prospect of a $55000 fine might just be the only way to make people like you fly responsibly.

As for your age, I have no idea, and I dont care, but for whatever reason you started calling me "old man". Should that make me think you're around my age?

Ok. Point well taken.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

dji fanboys will never agree so it is useless to even try and explain it to them

Have you tried a windsurfer on an Autel? I haven't heard a single complaint or read anything negative about the x star premium. With their good reputation on customer service, they could grab a significant amount % of Dji customers. Hopefully, DJI's service gets better.

no haven't tried that I'm getting great distance so haven't seen a need for one

Ok. Point well taken.

Im guessing the $55K fine is the point that finally opened your eyes? Its a shame it takes FAA making examples of random offenders, some of which frankly committed rather minor infractions compared to you, to get their point across. Now take that flight log offline and think twice before you post another one.

read the reviews on Amazon. Almost every Autel owner has had a phantom in the past or tried a phantom. There's an article on Autel's FB page where some non-biased site compares the P4, Autel, and Yuneec H cameras. Clearly the Autel comes out ahead.
So I've read and reread Bo Lorentzen's test: TOP CAMERA-DRONE shoot-out
I can't see that the Autel camera clearly comes out ahead.
All he was testing was dynamic range and colour rendition, just two of the many features that are important for a good camera.
His testing shows that the X-star camera has dynamic range as good or slightly better than the P4 does.
But there's a lot more to a camera than dynamic range.
And it's hard to get past the distortion that causes the bowed horizons of the X-star camera.
dji fanboys will never agree so it is useless to even try and explain it to them
It's all very well to make claims that the X-star camera is "better" but just saying that with no explanation and only backing it up with secondhand or uninformed comments isn't enough.
And I can't ignore the conspicuous barrel distortion - that's a serious issue.

I'm always looking for a drone with a better camera for my photography and when I find one, I'll jump on it.
So I'm still looking for more complete testing to get a proper idea of how good the X-star is.
But for now, it seems that it is not going to do what I need.

Forgot to mention, but it reminds of people that keep staying loyal to apple no matter what.
yep don't think outside of box what a shame they miss out on so much

yep don't think outside of box what a shame they miss out on so much
I'd be happy to find out what I could be missing out on but after following the X-star for 18 months, I still haven't seen that I'm missing anything.
If you are aware of anything that the X-star does better, please tell me.

If you are happy to accept a lesser standard, that's fine. Enjoy your X-Star.
But if you are going to go on and on that the camera is better or that everyone says the camera is better when it clearly isn't, expect to have your statements questioned.
Can't you see the horizon problem?
Every straight line is bowed unless they pass through the centre of the image.

Lens distortion is a given with any lens as wide and small as on our quads. You can correct this, but at a price, as doing so will reduce your sharpness and resolution near the edges. DJI does it in firmware, the autel apparently not, or not to the same extend, but that then gives you the freedom to do it in software, giving you more control and potentially giving you slightly better results.

Also note the Autel has a significantly wider FOV, which inherently makes this problem worse. But that wide FOV may also be an asset.

IOW, the amount of lens distortion in the photos isnt a measure of quality of the camera.

Reactions: flpholt
I'd be happy to find out what I could be missing out on but after following the X-star for 18 months, I still haven't seen that I'm missing anything.
If you are aware of anything that the X-star does better, please tell me.

If you are happy to accept a lesser standard, that's fine. Enjoy your X-Star.
But if you are going to go on and on that the camera is better or that everyone says the camera is better when it clearly isn't, expect to have your statements questioned.
Can't you see the horizon problem?
Every straight line is bowed unless they pass through the centre of the image.
plus you can snap gimbal right off cant due that with dji one makes for upgrades in future without having to buy a new bird just saying has a lot of benefit's others don't plus if you crash snap off camera replace in the mean time can still fly without it cause remote has telemetry built into it

plus you can snap gimbal right off cant due that with dji one makes for upgrades in future without having to buy a new bird just saying has a lot of benefit's others don't plus if you crash snap off camera replace in the mean time can still fly without it cause remote has telemetry built into it

The DJI camera comes off the Phantom and it flies as well. It doesn't snap off but you pull the 2 retaining pins, pull the ribbon cables and it's off in 3 minutes.

The DJI camera comes off the Phantom and it flies as well. It doesn't snap off but you pull the 2 retaining pins, pull the ribbon cables and it's off in 3 minutes.
its not made to be removed what I am saying

no got that from pro photographers that have dji yuneec and autel plus prodrone too I fly with a large number of people that due it for a living going off what they think
If you fly with 'pros' that are using Yuneecs and similar hobby class drones, well, you're not flying with pros. These are consumer class items. All of them have poor performance compared to the professional level cameras. They're pretty good for a $1000 item and yes, you can create semi professional footage for TV and commercials with them but non of them are really very 'good'.

And post processing skill makes up for an enormous difference as well. But I've looked at published pics and videos from pretty much everything. Hobby drones are all in the same class. You get a little bit better with Inspire level gear but mostly you gain some flexibility. Give manfacturers a couple more years to get 10 bit 4K video hardware down a bit smaller and cheaper and somebody to put together a better codec and then we'll be much happer (assuming, of course that they end up spending more than .50 for the lens).

Until then, not so much.

Im guessing the $55K fine is the point that finally opened your eyes? Its a shame it takes FAA making examples of random offenders, some of which frankly committed rather minor infractions compared to you, to get their point across. Now take that flight log offline and think twice before you post another one.
Sorry about my tone earlier. Housemates pissed me off by waking me up early morning. Kind of wasn't thinking straight.

its not made to be removed what I am saying
Sure it is, and in the beginning it was recommended that you take the camera off when learning how to fly. You keep going on and on about how great your xstar is by changing the facts. If you love it that much then stick with an xstar forum somewhere else. This is the DJI Phantom Pro and Advanced Forum and personally I keep seeing you throw out misinformation like right here. We don't want your one sided xstar comments mucking up the facts... Quit plugging your xstar all of the time, it's the wrong place and the wrong forum... Keep it on topic about the Pro and Advanced. Many of us are getting tired of watching you throw these misguided half baked plugs out here and taking the posts off topic while shifting the truths to make your garbage xstar sound like it belongs here. It doesn't belong here in this forum at all. We in this forum own DJI and talk about our Pro and Advanced models and do our best to help others that own and use the same products. How many people have to get on you before you get it? Keep your xstar disinfo in its xstar forum.

Reactions: GT500BILL
Sure it is, and in the beginning it was recommended that you take the camera off when learning how to fly. You keep going on and on about how great your xstar is by changing the facts. If you love it that much then stick with an xstar forum somewhere else. This is the DJI Phantom Pro and Advanced Forum and personally I keep seeing you throw out misinformation like right here. We don't want your one sided xstar comments mucking up the facts... Quit plugging your xstar all of the time, it's the wrong place and the wrong forum... Keep it on topic about the Pro and Advanced. Many of us are getting tired of watching you throw these misguided half baked plugs out here and taking the posts off topic while shifting the truths to make your garbage xstar sound like it belongs here. It doesn't belong here in this forum at all. We in this forum own DJI and talk about our Pro and Advanced models and do our best to help others that own and use the same products. How many people have to get on you before you get it? Keep your xstar disinfo in its xstar forum.
if you don't like it don't read it and stop being jealous and by the way I have phantoms too
20160427_153022.jpg

Some people need to chill out. This reminds of baseball fans getting pissed off because soccer is gaining popularity in the USA.

Some people need to chill out. This reminds of baseball fans getting pissed off because soccer is gaining popularity in the USA.

I know really don't mention anything else unless its dji come on we all talk about a lot of things some people just simply minded

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik