Add another fly away to the tally.

How about posting some examples? Would love to see some..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
just look on youtube are tons of them

Reactions: johnrobbfl
Video...true. Was more interested in stills.. Figured you would want to share here...guess I was wrong.

MAX_0002 (2).JPG

MAX_0003 (2).JPG

Video...true. Was more interested in stills.. Figured you would want to share here...guess I was wrong.

there you go

Maybe your better bet is with eBay, Paypal or the seller?

Just making a suggestion if you hadn't thought of it...this assumes unit was purchased in the last 45 days or so.
That would be entirely unfair to do to a non-business seller. We don't know the cause and the buyers best bet is to work with the manufacturer just like the previous owner would.

Imagine if you sold your drone and the new user crashed it, claimed it on eBay and got a refund and all you got was a trashed drone back.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Part of the DJI RMA process is sending your drone back with the proof of purchase. Used, off eBay, they may discriminate.

As far as that Autel looks, I'm interested. I will keep an eye on it for a replacement for my P3A. Or the Yuneec. F DJI.

Reactions: flpholt
Looks like a battery problem : very high voltage at the begining of the flight, dropping rapidly with multiple cell deviation warnings...

camera is better
Really?
Without details the statement is pretty meaningless.
What aspects of the camera's performance are better?
I haven't seen any reviews suggesting they are.
I'd be interested if you can direct me to some comparisons.
(I've only seen one and it was inconclusive)

But I do note the conspicuous bowed horizons on the two shots you posted,

Reactions: m0j0 and Reed L
If you get a compass error NEVER hit RTH, because the compass is critical to the function.
If you get a compass error, just fly it back home manually.
The compass is used to tell the aircraft which direction it is pointing in with respect to north.
If you hit RTH, it knows where home is, but it doesn't know which direction it needs to fly in to get there. It will go where it thinks home is, but if the compass is not aligned correctly, that could be anywhere.

Reactions: qrandle and Reed L
If you get a compass error NEVER hit RTH, because the compass is critical to the function.
If you get a compass error, just fly it back home manually.
The compass is used to tell the aircraft which direction it is pointing in with respect to north.
If you hit RTH, it knows where home is, but it doesn't know which direction it needs to fly in to get there. It will go where it thinks home is, but if the compass is not aligned correctly, that could be anywhere.

It automatically puts it into atti mode during a compass error. Which I tried to control. RC was lost immediately, so nothing would have mattered.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots m

A used drone? Off eBay?

Honestly, to expect anything in any case is stretching things IMHO. Many warranties are not transferable....and think of the possibilities. Many people here have noted they have dunked their Phantoms - dried them out - and then they worked again. Wouldn't such people likely sell their models on eBay?

It takes more than the basic logs to really troubleshoot something - there are myriads of other possibilities.

Sorry for your loss - hate to see anyone lose a bird or money. At the same time, I would never buy a used drone unless it was from a well known forum member on RCG, etc. where I really knew the history of it. Even then I would never expect warranty from the maker.

It was an open box. Place I bought it from were selling a lot of these.

Really?
Without details the statement is pretty meaningless.
What aspects of the camera's performance are better?
I haven't seen any reviews suggesting they are.
I'd be interested if you can direct me to some comparisons.
(I've only seen one and it was inconclusive)

people with dji typhoon h and autel have said camera quality is better I don't have all three so cant compare plus I'm not into taking professional pictures so I don't really care as long as it looks good more worried about build quality and customer support

Reactions: salt
Had a look at the txt log.
What caught my attention is the amp draw. The average draw in a normal flight is usually around 15A. In your flight there are three spikes at 50A and a last one at over 60A!
Furthermore the volt spread (the difference between min cell voltage and max cell voltage of the 4 cells) spikes at over 0.20v which is very high. Anything above 0.1v is usually a sign something is wrong.
Seems there was an issue with a motor. At the end of the flight all battery info is flat (volts / amps) but in the last seconds you see a voltage dip. Possibly the battery shut down right after that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would look for the P3 around here. If you ever find it and you can get to the dat would be great if you would post it.

upload_2016-7-3_21-20-33.png

The voltage recovers later, so Im not saying this is the cause, but I wonder if you had a bad motor. That might explain excessive current draw, which in turn could affect the compass.
I would agree to Vertigo's observations.
Could you post more of the txt logs you had prior the fly away that had compass errors?

Last edited:

Yeah, I saw that too. Nothing too impressive to be seen, but didn't want to start a flame war as without side by side, taken at the same time images to compare, its impossible to say. Having heard more than once though that the camera is better, I wanted to see an example thinking it would be pretty obvious. Overall though, nothing in those two images screams "better camera" to me.

Had a look at the txt log.
What caught my attention is the amp draw. The average draw in a normal flight is usually around 15A. In your flight there are three spikes at 50A and a last one at over 60A!
Furthermore the volt spread (the difference between min cell voltage and max cell voltage of the 4 cells) spikes at over 0.20v which is very high. Anything above 0.1v is usually a sign something is wrong.
Seems there was an issue with a motor. At the end of the flight all battery info is flat (volts / amps) but in the last seconds you see a voltage dip. Possibly the battery shut down right after that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would look for the P3 around here. If you ever find it and you can get to the dat would be great if you would post it.

View attachment 58871

I would agree to Vertigo's observations.
Could you post more of the txt logs you had prior the fly away that had compass errors?
Here's one from 3 weeks ago.

There's no point of looking for the drone any longer. It's either high in a tree, or whoever found doesn't want to give it back.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers