A Lucky Day!

@BudWalker ..Hmmm....Something else happened just before the Nav Health Drop....Why would the motors stop reporting for so long??? There is more data missing as well, but that was the most obvious.

1573143598572.png

Reactions: OOO
@OOO .... Did you land , shut off the motors, then re-start again in this flight? This data is confusing. They are not matching up, time wise. Unless I am looking at this wrong.

@OOO .... Did you land , shut off the motors, then re-start again in this flight? This data is confusing. They are not matching up, time wise. Unless I am looking at this wrong.

No. Could it be the wrong dat file? Because the date of dat file and flight log is not the same.

Because the date of dat file and flight log is not the same.
The text log says it is FLY533 so apparently it is correct.

@OOO .... Apparently the text log was incorrect. This .dat is a different flight. Oddly enough however the same Nav Health issue appears there as well. Here is the profile from the DAT.

DatProfile.PNG

@OOO .... Apparently the text log was incorrect. This .dat is a different flight. Oddly enough however the same Nav Health issue appears there as well. Here is the profile from the DAT.

Interesting! The date of the following .dat files is the same as the date of the flight log. One of these files may be the dat file we are looking for.

@OOO ....Just so he knows @BudWalker FLY352 is the correct .dat. The GPS dropout shows there as well. Immediately followed by the hdop going to max. This lasted almost prcisely one second before the GPS recovered.

1573154487236.png

@OOO ....Just so he knows @BudWalker FLY352 is the correct .dat. The GPS dropout shows there as well. Immediately followed by the hdop going to max. This lasted almost prcisely one second before the GPS recovered.

View attachment 115469

It seems that something is wrong with GPS unit. May I ask what hdop stands for? One more question, do you see any user/piloting error in this flight. Thank you for all your efforts to clarify the situation.

So, this was all caused by a problem with the GPS unit. More specifically, the hDOP went to the max value which caused the FC to reduce navHealth to 1 then 0.

Also, numSats went to 0 after hDOP maxed out. It's not clear to me if the numSats actually went to 0. It's possible that the GPS unit or the FC could have set the numSats to 0.
1573165468806.png

The following is from the eventLog stream suggests the GPS unit encountered a HW problem

520.756 : 28543 [L-GPS]<GPS ERROR>m8_check_hash_failed[1] gps [0][0]||
:
520.880 : 28550 [L-FDI]NS(0) GPS(0): fault on , abrupt
:
521.080 : 28560 [L-FDI]NS(0) GPS(0): fault off, abrupt

@OOO this is clearly a HW issue and not a pilot error. As for your question regarding hDOP @Fly Dawg knows more about this than I do.

Reactions: OOO and Fly Dawg
As for your question regarding hDOP
Nope. I just look at the signal status. I have no idea what it means. ( You showed me that a while back ;) I thought you might....) But agreed it does appear to be a hardware issue. I saw no pilot issues..

Nope. I just look at the signal status. I have no idea what it means. ( You showed me that a while back ;) I thought you might....) But agreed it does appear to be a hardware issue. I saw no pilot issues..
I thought you were the GPS expert..... Anyway hDOP is horizontal Dilution of Precision. It's derived from the geometric position of the satellites. The more spread the better the accuracy.
Dilution of precision (navigation) - Wikipedia

Anyway hDOP is horizontal Dilution of Precision. It's derived from the geometric position of the satellites. The more spread the better the accuracy.
Well, that explains it a little better but I do have one question. Why does the .txt log indicate the incorrect .dat in CSVview? I have not seen that before. That threw me off a bit. ?

Well, that explains it a little better but I do have one question. Why does the .txt log indicate the incorrect .dat in CSVview? I have not seen that before. That threw me off a bit. ?
I also have not seen this before.

Well I'm sure glad I kept prodding you on retrieving and sharing your data. ;) :)

I learned a lot from this thread and the others, not sure if know any more, but there is a GPS hardware problem on the P4s. I can't tell from the picts what is the defect. So I don't know if others that want to look inside there P4s are going to know what to look for?

For sure they don't have to look inside if they use the flight log viewer. I'm guessing that .5 seconds of zero satellites wasn't long enough to prompt a warning message. :rolleyes:

Rod

Well I'm sure glad I kept prodding you on retrieving and sharing your data. ;) :)

I learned a lot from this thread and the others, not sure if know any more, but there is a GPS hardware problem on the P4s. I can't tell from the picts what is the defect. So I don't know if others that want to look inside there P4s are going to know what to look for?

For sure they don't have to look inside if they use the flight log viewer. I'm guessing that .5 seconds of zero satellites wasn't long enough to prompt a warning message. :rolleyes:

Rod

After this event, I had a few more flights. On most of these flights, I encountered the same problem at unexpected times. I knew there was a problem but I didn't care much about it. If I hadn't brought this up, maybe the drone would have crashed after a while. I really want to thank you all.
For me, take-home messages from this event; 1) if your drone exhibits unusual behavior at unexpected times, be sure take it seriously, 2) you don't have to know everything, as long as you know who to consult :)

thumbs.jpg

Rod

BTW...
I have looked at some of other footage.
HOLE E $HIT!

Rod

BTW...
I have looked at some of other footage.
HOLE E $HIT!

Rod

Which videos did you look at? Mine? Most of the footage from my last video were captured after this event and with the same drone. I was really lucky. I’ve already ordered a new GPS unit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik