A Lucky Day!

Hey I do have question about the plug show that's not conected,,,does this have something to do with GPS module,,,I just ask that cause GPS has different connection on it,,a 5 pin plug.....if anything gets replaced I be asking for the old one so I know it been done
Screenshot_20191110-085644_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OOO
Hey I do have question about the plug show that's not conected,,,does this have something to do with GPS module

I've never opened a drone myself. Thus I really can't answer this question. But maybe @Fly Dawg and @BudWalker can help us with that. Do you see anything wrong in the following photo?

IMG_5147.PNG

Last edited:
I've never opened a drone myself. Thus I really can't answer this question. But maybe @Fly Dawg and @BudWalker can help us with that. Do you see anything wrong in the following photo?

View attachment 115505
Um it looks ok but without another to try it's a guess,,I have just learnt the pro and the standed p4 have different plug,,,p4s has 5 pin and pro has 4 pin plug on GPS,, if that wire shop take picture of that unplugged either compass or antenna wire could be the issue of fault,like sats dropping out but this is just a thought,,as mention if they do change GPS make sure they show old one or you could be getting charge for something that not been replaced,,I'm heading towards that wire is a compass wire being it white in colour but that would bring a compass error ,,and same with GPS module I presume ???still stratching me head on this,,,

Reactions: OOO
While filming a mountain peak recently, I suddenly lost control of my drone for a few seconds, but quickly regained control and managed to save the drone just before hitting the mountain. Later, when I watched the footage, I thought that this might be due to a bird attack or strong wind. But I may be wrong. What do you think? Thanks.

Neither wind nor birds. Looks like erroneous signal causing erratic flight behavior. Good save.

I always tell pilots, when the s*** hits the fan, crane up. It seems counter-intuitive to fly HIGHER when you're in trouble, but 95% of the time it will help regain reception and will also give you time to assess your situation.

D

While filming a mountain peak recently, I suddenly lost control of my drone for a few seconds, but quickly regained control and managed to save the drone just before hitting the mountain. Later, when I watched the footage, I thought that this might be due to a bird attack or strong wind. But I may be wrong. What do you think? Thanks.

Just today (25/02/2020) in Melbourne Australia I was flying my Mavic Pro drone at 50 m AGL and got attacked by two ravens. My drone has survived two attacks. I lost the video signal but was somehow able to land safely using the return home function.

Just a reminder not to fly in the Raven's territory. Luckily no lasting damage to the drone (or at least I am not noticing it).

Seagulls were OK but the ravens are not!!! Beware!!! I had a photo of one of the culprits..

*flashback to me crashing in the desert in a blackhawk while in the Army* haha I miss flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl