7th channel works with the new firmware

I won't be home till the morning and I'll try to get the specs up. Good luck!

So I got my 7th channel lever working with rotorpixel gimbal pretty descendtly. Only thing is when I turn the P2V the gimbal shoots the camera all the way up or all the way down. I've tried to have the lever centered when I turn it on but still really doesn't make a difference. Anyone else have this problem?

Yea have it set to 100. Definitely more responsive that way but when turning on the phantom it goes all the way down or up. Might just make sure when starting up just have it go up.

to6k4VQ.jpg

Hey guys, i hope this helps. got it all installed and it works great!

Okay, is the 3.6 PC Assistant software meant to replace the 3.4 PC Assistant software due to some bugs in 3.4?

Geert said:
Noël said:
Gert,

Are you able to stop the camera in any position?
For me it's all the way up or all the way down!

I did not do the pot mod. (using the lever)

I had this problem too when I used the lever, I found it rather difficult to use.
With the pot it is more accurate and yes I can stop the camera in any position.

Geert./.

Geert, what is the value of the pot you put in? Resistance and power rating?

Geert said:
EricT said:
Geert, what is the value of the pot you put in? Resistance and power rating?

Hi Eric,

It is easier to control the camera and more precise. It is not hard to do this mod, but you need to do some soldering.

Geert./.

Geert, I am a proficient solderer and electronics junky......just wanted the specs on the potentiometer you used rather than the on board Tx potentiometer. Thx.

Yep. Apparently Vision Assistant v3.6 was posted just to fix the battery firmware upgrade portion. It will now upgrade batteries with OEM v2.0 firmware to v2.6, but not batteries with earlier firmware supposedly due to the different hadrware they have.
Cheers,
Jim
EricT said:
Okay, is the 3.6 PC Assistant software meant to replace the 3.4 PC Assistant software due to some bugs in 3.4?

Apologies to all on this thread if the answer is there, but I've been through it twice and didn't really see (or understand perhaps?) the answer to this:

I have a P2V+, and I want two things:
1) I want to be able to control the gimble tilt with a finger while holding the TX
2) I want to be able to control the SPEED that the gimble moves while it is tilting. So, I think I want "proportional" control, rather than just on/off.
I understand that the new version of the TX will do this for me. Can I use the 7th channel feature in my existing TX to accomplish that same thing? Isn't there a pot or switch of some kind buried in the back of my TX that I can attach a lever to? IF so, will that allow proportional control, or simply one speed of movement.

OR, do I really need to install a different potentiometer to accomplish what I want.

I hate the speed at which the stock P2V+ gimbal moves, and that it only moves at that speed.

lever works great, when tilting the camera and you want to stop, slide lever to the center or it will continue to go all the way up or down. You just need to practice and find that sweet spot with your finger...

I posted some photos and a video at post #91. Works great!

birdheezy said:
cool!.... ....
but....
I have no idea how to find post #91. I don't see where the posts are numbered.

doug86 said:
birdheezy said:
cool!.... ....
but....
I have no idea how to find post #91. I don't see where the posts are numbered.
Top right corner. Think it's 2 pages back

fascinating... I have tried all 3 versions of the forum interface, and none of them show a post # on mine.

I use a Mac with Firefox.

Okay, I just tried to update to Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.6 and the program fails to see the transmitter/controller. The red and blue lights in the bottom left corner of the program are off and all data fields are blank. The program says "there is no controller, yet my controller is turned on and the green light on it is one. I have the P2V cabled to my PC with the USB cable.

The motors will arm either in the software or in standalone mode.

The information under the info and upgrade tabs in the Assistant software is non-existent.

Ideas, suggestions?

AnselA said:
EricT said:
Ideas, suggestions?

Try RC assistant

I was thinking about my problem when I was out hiking and I remembered I had re-installed Windows so the DJI driver was missing, Installed it, and all is well, Thanks.

It is nice the 7th channel works with the update for the P2V, but not as I would have hoped it would. This is what I have found by installing the potentiometer on the controller. As always, YIMV(your installation may vary). First I had a 5K pot on mine. To get the camera to move up or down was only about a 3 degree movement of the control knob. Very delicate. So the next one was a 500 ohm pot. That spread the movement out to about 90 degrees of rotation. So I tried a 100 ohm pot. That moved the adjustment out to around 110 degrees of rotation. But, and a big BUT, it is not a smooth movement from up to down. If camera is up and I start to slowly move the knob, nothing happens. Then all of a sudden the camera starts to move and continues to move all the way down. The only way to stop it from moving is to rotate the knob in the other direction a very large amount of rotation. You get to a spot where the camera will stop dropping. Same operation when moving from all the way down to up. It is almost as there is no command to the gimbal until a certain point on the pot and then the "move" command is given. It acts just as if you had your quad in atti mode. It, the camera, just keeps moving. You have to give it the "up" command to get it to stop moving. This operation makes the exact position of the camera difficult. It is better than having to reach, in my case, deep into the box I use to block the sunlight on my display. It just would be "nice" if the camera would only move when you turned the knob on the potentiometer. I have tried almost every possible setting with the quad connected to the laptop without any improvement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik