7th channel works with the new firmware

Happyflyer said:
It is nice the 7th channel works with the update for the P2V, but not as I would have hoped it would. This is what I have found by installing the potentiometer on the controller. As always, YIMV(your installation may vary). First I had a 5K pot on mine. To get the camera to move up or down was only about a 3 degree movement of the control knob. Very delicate. So the next one was a 500 ohm pot. That spread the movement out to about 90 degrees of rotation. So I tried a 100 ohm pot. That moved the adjustment out to around 110 degrees of rotation. But, and a big BUT, it is not a smooth movement from up to down. If camera is up and I start to slowly move the knob, nothing happens. Then all of a sudden the camera starts to move and continues to move all the way down. The only way to stop it from moving is to rotate the knob in the other direction a very large amount of rotation. You get to a spot where the camera will stop dropping. Same operation when moving from all the way down to up. It is almost as there is no command to the gimbal until a certain point on the pot and then the "move" command is given. It acts just as if you had your quad in atti mode. It, the camera, just keeps moving. You have to give it the "up" command to get it to stop moving. This operation makes the exact position of the camera difficult. It is better than having to reach, in my case, deep into the box I use to block the sunlight on my display. It just would be "nice" if the camera would only move when you turned the knob on the potentiometer. I have tried almost every possible setting with the quad connected to the laptop without any improvement.
Then you think it is better to use the app. I'm at the dilemma of ordering the lever now that upgrade to 3.08. Do you think it worth the money and effort?

phantomi said:
Then you think it is better to use the app. I'm at the dilemma of ordering the lever now that upgrade to 3.08. Do you think it worth the money and effort?
Well, it all depends. Yours may work differently. If I did not have the deep box on my tablet, to block the Sun, I would use the app. But it is hard to reach deep inside so the control works better. I am going to be working on the problem for the next several months because Winter has arrived. Maybe I will get something that works purrrrrrrfectly.

Geert,
Do you know the ohm value of your potentiometer?

Happyflyer said:
Geert,
Do you know the ohm value of your potentiometer?

Geert answered this question when I posed it earlier...."Eric, I used a 100kΩ linear pot."

OK, thanks. 100K should really tighten up the amount of rotation. Will have to try. I'm sure I have one in the junk box somewhere.

I just received the new style controller (with the tilt knob). I am sure that DJI, when first released, said it was suitable for both the Vision 2 (my copter) and the vision 2 +. I see there blurb now only mentions Vision 2 +....As it turns out it will not work on the Vision 2....so be careful there.
All other functions work ok so have gained the internal Li-Po batt and the "locking" down control...might be able to mod their tilt pot once one of us works out the best compromise (for the Vision 2)..
Great forum...cheers

I thought I saw a demo here, somewhere, the new controller and a P2V and it was working OK. Will look around and see if I can find it.
Ah, Dirkclod and Nibbles found it in the next post.

Thanks Geert...I will try again tomorrow...I was getting good control one way but in other direction there was pulses in both directions (as seen using RC software)(camera did the same as expected). I contacted DJI and basically they said will not work with V2....see below...
Una.Song (DJI)
Nov 26 17:24
Hello Franics,
It must be some misunderstanding.
You can contact with your dealer if you can return or replace it .
More,or your questions, the new control can be use normally in all the functions except the gimbal control.
Hope that will be help.
Have a nice day!
Una

I have a Phantom Vision and was going to ask for the new TX for Christmas. Can someone confirm that the tilt wheel on the TX will control the tilt of a gimbal (I have the Taco Supreme gimbal on my Phantom). If it does not then I guess I'll not ask for it as a present.

Hi Geert....Although DJI says does not work with V2 (hard to get clear answers from them) it appears to, as you have found.
I still think I have a faulty xmitter..If you get a chance can you see what results you get using just RC software (ie copter not involved). My X1 control works fine in one direction ..small movement and goes to 1000 and continued movement stays at 1000 BUT in the other direction..small movement goes to 1000 but continued movement and the pointer flicks hard back to the opposite side.
In real life, with copter, this gives me same control (as you get) in one direction BUT in the other it gets confused on what direction it is trying to go..
Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl