7th channel works with the new firmware

True.

It's only an observation that I made with my setup.
Also when I use the app (what is also still working), the speed is the same for small or long presses.

Again.. This is what I see. I could be completely wrong.

I made a short video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdnD-kZGEI4[/youtube]

Ok, this is almost exactly what I want, except to use a spring loaded to center dial. Do you have picture of how you soldered this up? Does it matter what ohm dial you use? Thanks!

Weird, with my 7th channel lever, the further past center I go the faster the camera moves.

Noël said:
I changed the pot for a 3 way spring loaded micro switch. The default of the micro switch is in the middle (off), and when pushed up or down it's on.
The micro switch is called an On-off-on I believe, and looks like this...

Thanks a lot Noël, that's great and easy. I'm gonna implement it instead of the classical pot I wired for nothing :D
Please, be informed that I posted the link of your post on the french http://www.djiphantom-forum.com.
Hope you don't mind :?

BTW : where are you from ? Noël is so french :D

Philippe

I'm looking at potentiometers and wondering, does it matters what ohm rating or power/voltage rating you get?

philarvropagan said:
Noël said:
I changed the pot for a 3 way spring loaded micro switch. The default of the micro switch is in the middle (off), and when pushed up or down it's on.
The micro switch is called an On-off-on I believe, and looks like this...

Thanks a lot Noël, that's great and easy. I'm gonna implement it instead of the classical pot I wired for nothing :D
Please, be informed that I posted the link of your post on the french http://www.djiphantom-forum.com.
Hope you don't mind :?

BTW : where are you from ? Noël is so french :D

Philippe

No problem with the link, and I'm close to France. I'm in Pays Bas.
I can still not forgive my mum giving me that name! It's driving me crazy during Christmas :)

Noël said:
No problem with the link, and I'm close to France. I'm in Pays Bas.
I can still not forgive my mum giving me that name! It's driving me crazy during Christmas :)
You shouldn't, Noël is the happiest christian celebration !
You know, you could have been named Toussaint (Saint's day) ... much sadder :lol:
May be the worst for you is to find the "¨" on a Qwerty keyboard !
You live in a nice country. We've been there 2 years ago (Groningen) and enjoyed a lot. We would have liked so much to bring a couple of Gazelle bikes back to France :D
Bye Noël

Philippe

I've done it! I finally made the leap and added a pot switch to my transmitter. Below are some pictures (please ignore the TERRIBLE soldering job) and a nice blurry video for you guys to check out.

I went to radio shack and they had a potentiometer with detentes which actually worked out really well. it gives you a nice uniform "sweep" of the camera as it moves. Just make a mark on the transmitter that is the "zero" or "stop" position and that's that! The black wire is the number 2 wire and the only one that really matters where it's connected to the circuit board. The red and green (#1 and #3 wires) don't matter because when you go to calibrate the X1 channel, you can reverse the gain/input. aka, reverse which way the camera moves in relation to the pot switch.
Jp7Ccok.jpg

Here you can see that the black wire (#2/the important one) is in the top middle position in relation to the board.
bcsjhhI.jpg

Sorry this isn't the highest quality production film, but i think you get the idea.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2s4XknJ7ns[/youtube]

Let me know what you think!

birdheezy said:
I've done it! I finally made the leap and added a pot switch to my transmitter. Below are some pictures (please ignore the TERRIBLE soldering job) and a nice blurry video for you guys to check out.

I went to radio shack and they had a potentiometer with detentes which actually worked out really well. it gives you a nice uniform "sweep" of the camera as it moves. Just make a mark on the transmitter that is the "zero" or "stop" position and that's that! The black wire is the number 2 wire and the only one that really matters where it's connected to the circuit board. The red and green (#1 and #3 wires) don't matter because when you go to calibrate the X1 channel, you can reverse the gain/input. aka, reverse which way the camera moves in relation to the pot switch.

Let me know what you think!

Good job! What is the RS part # and description of the potentiometer?

AnselA said:
... and does it have spring loaded centering?
I think you're mocking me... But I'm not sure haha. No. It's not spring loaded to center.

I'm not at home tonight so I'll have to give you the part number later. I got it from radio shack so I'm assuming they'd carry relatively the same stock.

I had to buy the blue knob separate and the wire. It came out to about 20$ and about 9$ of that was the wire.

It's all good. I was really wanting to go that route until I couldn't find one for under 150$ kinda crazy.

I was looking at all the potentiometers in RS and this was one of the smaller ones and had detents. I was ok with that cuz it's easy enough to count two or three clicks one way, then do the same number of clicks back when you want the camera to stop.

birdheezy said:
.....I had to buy the blue knob separate and the wire. It came out to about 20$ and about 9$ of that was the wire.
What was the Ohm value of that pot?
Also I hope you got a big coil of wire for that price. :shock:

Yeah the wire was 9$, got 3 spools of red, black and green so I'll have that for a while. Can't remember the ohm value but it wasn't over 10 I don't think. I don't think it matters too much cuz you just calibrate it in the software and it figures out what the the difference is from the high and low end.

birdheezy said:
Yeah the wire was 9$, got 3 spools of red, black and green so I'll have that for a while. Can't remember the ohm value but it wasn't over 10 I don't think. I don't think it matters too much cuz you just calibrate it in the software and it figures out what the the difference is from the high and low end.
Hummmmm, interesting. Because when I made the calibration adjustments all it did was to move where in the entire rotation the camera would move up or down. With a 5K Ohm pot on mine a movement of maybe 3 degrees and it is up or down. Very sensitive. Calibrate it and it just moves that 3 degrees to a different place on the pot. That is why I am going to try a pot with a much different value. It should be here on Friday. We will see.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20