7th channel works with the new firmware

birdheezy said:
AnselA said:
birdheezy said:
It seems with the new, new version of RC assistant 3.4 (updated 10/29/14)
sorry if it's confusing.

Yes, it's confusing.

So DJI updated the vision assistant 3.4 yesterday or this morning i believe. So make sure you go download 3.4 again. There was a battery update issue with the old 3.4.

You wrote about RC assistant 3.4 -- that's confusing

Gents,
Yep that is what I found too. I was initially encouraged when I saw normal lever gimbal control when the Basic Tx was selected vs. the center spring wheel type of control when you select Advanced Tx. So unfortunately when Basic Tx is selected it does not work when the Vision app is connected and only the touch screen gimbal control will work. I saw a DJI rep in the RCG P2V+ thread post that DJI is working on making a selection of each gimbal switch control, so hopefully that will happen before too long.
Cheers,
Jim
birdheezy said:
ya know what, you're right. I didn't test it while connected to the wifi extender. so it looks like it's only set up to use that spring loaded wheel on the new Tx. this lever thing is kind of a bust... haha. maybe it's time to go to radio shack and see if they have any spring loaded dials i can ghetto rig.

You would have thought that they would support their latest model with a new firmware release... Kinda frustrating. Show us this 7th channel camera tilt control, then come out with a new Tx and don't support the old one? Frustrating.

DrJoe said:
birdheezy said:
ya know what, you're right. I didn't test it while connected to the wifi extender. so it looks like it's only set up to use that spring loaded wheel on the new Tx. this lever thing is kind of a bust... haha. maybe it's time to go to radio shack and see if they have any spring loaded dials i can ghetto rig.

I may try the dial mod with this: http://www.futurlec.com/Potentiometers/ ... NTpr.shtml

It has a center detent. Maybe that will keep the tilt under control until someone figures out how to downgrade the zenmuse firmware back to 1.0.0.5. Anyone that didn't "upgrade" to 1.0.0.6 retains the regular control profile.
I changed the pot for a 3 way spring loaded micro switch. The default of the micro switch is in the middle (off), and when pushed up or down it's on.
The micro switch is called an On-off-on I believe, and looks like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Centre-Spring ... 0841834513

Have a look at the attached diagram (I know. I suck in drawing).
The resisters R1 and R2 are both 10 kOhm (brown, black, orange) and as long as they are the same it will work.

I can now use the switch (by short pushes/ pules on the micro switch) to move the camera up or down.
Long push/pull = big moves.
Quick push/pull = small movements.

For me it's way better than the pot meter.

The tilt/pitch function in the app is also still working, so if needed it's still available.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ubFwcpr4A[/youtube]

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 456
  • IMAG2167.jpg
    IMAG2167.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 474
  • IMAG2176.jpg
    IMAG2176.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 484
  • IMAG2179.jpg
    IMAG2179.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 502
  • IMAG2172.jpg
    IMAG2172.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 511
Noël said:
I changed the pot for a 3 way spring loaded micro switch. The default of the micro switch is in the middle (off), and when pushed up or down it's on.

Have a look at the attached diagram (I know. I suck in drawing).
The resisters R1 and R2 are both 10 kOhm (brown, black, orange) and as long as they are the same it will work.

I can now use the switch (by short pushes/ pules on the micro switch) let the camera go up or down.

For me it's way better than the pot meter.

Will post video en pictures tomorrow.

Would love to see how you did this!

I know previously others have used a 5K Ohm linerear potentiometer (no need for resistors). I was hoping for something like that to take advantage of infinately slow speed or fast speed movements, depending on the amount of resistance.

Perhaps a rocker or small joystick would be better. I'll have to sniff around some electronic parts sites. I don't want on-off-on switch. I'd image the movement would just mimic the Vision app jerky movement. Sigh.

I'd want a spring loaded knob that would change the speed of the tilt with how far you move the knob... Does that make sense?

Noël said:

What if the construction is like this, I suppose the tilt/pitch speed will be slower?

Attachments

• diagram-2.jpg
    diagram-2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 322
Has anyone been able to get the 3.4 firmware to work with the Rotorpixel gimbal and a slide lever on the back of the Tx which accesses the 7th channel in the Tx?

Also, do the battery changes in the 3.4 firmware fix the battery low communication warning that causes the Phantom to autoland wherever it is due to it believing the battery charge is lower than it really is? Anybody with the issue tried the new firmware and did it fix the autoland problem? TIA.

I installed the 5K pot last week with the hope it would work with the P2V and we all know now it does. But the movement on mine is so slight you can almost sneeze on the knob and the camera will go up or down all the way. Did some measurements and have ordered a couple of different pots to see if this movement can be stretched out a little more. Will know in a few days if it makes any difference.
As for using any of the software adjustments all that did was move the place on the knob where the movement took place.

Happyflyer said:
I installed the 5K pot last week with the hope it would work with the P2V and we all know now it does. But the movement on mine is so slight you can almost sneeze on the knob and the camera will go up or down all the way. Did some measurements and have ordered a couple of different pots to see if this movement can be stretched out a little more. Will know in a few days if it makes any difference.
As for using any of the software adjustments all that did was move the place on the knob where the movement took place.
Very curious to see what you come up with! Good luck!

Any of the new pots spring loaded? I want a cheaper option than buying a 100$ new Tx...

Not spring loaded.
Yes, old pot comes off the board.

Hi, i tried to do the trick. I calibrated X1, too. It works, but not in a good way because when i move the lever just a little , the camera goes all the travel to 180 and when i move the lever a little to the other side the camera goes all the travel to 0 degrees. I cant move it on steps 180, 90, 60 40 0, etc. I tried moving the lever a little bit, a little more and all the way . Same results. Only one time on a random base i could set the camera at 45 degrees. For me, in that way, it is useless, more if i cant use the app lever simultaneosly, which i cant. :cry:

What am i doing wrong? I have PV+. all firmwares last versions.
I have the tipical lever on the rear of the tx.

Thnks.

AnselA said:
Noël said:
I changed the pot for a 3 way spring loaded micro switch.

Did I understand correctly; you removed the original pot from PC bord?
Yes I have the pot removed, but thinking of it, it might also work by leaving it on, and "pulsing" on it directly.
So all than its needed is the micro switch and some wires.
The pot needs to be set so it's in the middle.
The switch I used is spring loaded. It's default is in the middle and off.
Basically all that is needed is a pulse to go up or down a bit.

AnselA said:
Noël said:

What if the construction is like this, I suppose the tilt/pitch speed will be slower?

This will not make any difference.
The tilt/pitch speed needs to be changed at the receiving end through software or a small hardware hack.

Geert, I know you installed a pot to replace the 7th channel pot on the Tx board.....will the firmware update work with the stock 7th channel and the Rotorpixel, or will the all or none camera travel occur as others have been posting?

Jesolins said:
Note that the lever is set up like the throttle and the center position is a null where the camera stops moving. If above or below that center position the camera will move up or down. Small lever or new Tx wheel adjusts are slow and large lever/wheel movements are fast.

Noël said:
The tilt/pitch speed needs to be changed at the receiving end through software or a small hardware hack.

There seems to be a disagreement?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj