7th channel works with the new firmware

Noël said:
Are you able to stop the camera in any position?
For me it's all the way up or all the way down!
May be you have to calibrate the range of pot / lever with the assistant software?!

Noël said:
Gert,

I did not do the pot mod. (using the lever)
Hi, I'm using lever as well and I have the same problem. After I run the tool hack the tilt behaves as it should. Once I power cycle its gone. I managed to make the X1 channel appear in assistant. When I moved the lever in assistant it moved from very right to centre only. It jumped without smooth progress and was difficult to stop at some point the camera. I guess since the new TX has the pot it is adjusted to this kind of control but not the lever. When I tried to calibrate nothing changed . I guess we are screwed.

Geert said:
dave21 said:
Noël said:
Gert,

I did not do the pot mod. (using the lever)
Hi, I'm using lever as well and I have the same problem. After I run the tool hack the tilt behaves as it should. Once I power cycle its gone. I managed to make the X1 channel appear in assistant. When I moved the lever in assistant it moved from very right to centre only. It jumped without smooth progress and was difficult to stop at some point the camera. I guess since the new TX has the pot it is adjusted to this kind of control but not the lever. When I tried to calibrate nothing changed . I guess we are screwed.

Why are yo using the hack tool :?
I did not use it at all, just follow the steps like described in the first post and you should be fine.

Geert./.
To be clear. I followed your steps and the tilt works. But in a manner which describes Noel. And i describe it here too. I aplied hack only for investigation. With it it works as should without it work only from limit to limit not possible to stop the tilt.

Geert said:
dave21 said:
To be clear. I followed your steps and the tilt works. But in a manner which describes Noel. And i describe it here too. I aplied hack only for investigation. With it it works as should without it work only from limit to limit not possible to stop the tilt.

I can't explain that Dave because it didn't use the hack tool.
But bottom line ... you got it working now :D

Geert./.
I guess the pot mod which you have behave more as the original upraded TX to which the software is adjusted. Since we have the lever in the back it has probably different pot and therefore it works a bit different. It would be good to have the Calibration option for the tilt.

Just did the pot mod (100kOhm).
Unfortunately it's still all the way up, or all the way down.

Sometimes after many tries it does stop in the middle, but as soon as I try to go up or down a bit it's all the way again.

No good for me...

Would love to do that, but X1 does not show up in my RC software!
Only X2 is shown!

I did the TX calibration with the RC software again, and yes. It did show X1 too (thought it didn't)
X1 shows that is working nicely (ie; it stops moving when I want it to)

The camera does still the same thing. It's all the way up or all the way down :
Try this.
If your camera is traveling down, can you stop it half way by turning counter wise on the pot?
The pot is very sensitive and also it doesn't use all the 280 degrees.
I can not really stop it. When traveling down, and turning the pot slowly counter wise the camera will go up again.
Sometimes I do manage to stop it in some angle when playing with the pot, but this is more a lucky strike, and absolutely not doable when flying.

For now I'm back using the app to control the camera.

Noël said:
I did the TX calibration with the RC software again, and yes. It did show X1 too (thought it didn't)
X1 shows that is working nicely (ie; it stops moving when I want it to)

The camera does still the same thing. It's all the way up or all the way down :/

I don't know what to do about it, but it seems that your gimbal's control channel is set for "rate mode" rather than "position mode." I would guess it's set that way for the knob on the new controller. Turning the knob tells the gimbal to tilt up or down and the speed at which you turn it controls how fast it moves. This is different from the way the stick (or pot) should work where the position of the stick or pot maps directly to the tilt angle.

-- Roger

Sounds interesting.. "rate mode" and "position mode".
I'm going to give a small pulls test later (up/down) today, and see if this might do something.

Hi Gents,
DJI just posted yet another V3.4 Assistant app bug fix update that now allows the ch7 to be calibrated and the battery to be properly updated. Note that the lever is set up like the throttle and the center position is a null where the camera stops moving. If above or below that center position the camera will move up or down. Small lever or new Tx wheel adjusts are slow and large lever/wheel movements are fast. Personally I would have rather had it just move with the position of the lever, but I guess the new Tx wheel is spring loaded to center so it was designed more for that...
Thanks for being beta testers...;)
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
Cheers,
Jim

Jesolins said:
Hi Gents,
DJI just posted yet another V3.4 Assistant app bug fix update that now allows the ch7 to be calibrated and the battery to be properly updated. Note that the lever is set up like the throttle and the center position is a null where the camera stops moving. If above or below that center position the camera will move up or down. Small lever or new Tx wheel adjusts are slow and large lever/wheel movements are fast. Personally I would have rather had it just move with the position of the lever, but I guess the new Tx wheel is spring loaded to center so it was designed more for that...
Thanks for being beta testers...;)
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
Cheers,
Jim

No change in date? Should P2V and P2V+ users install the P2 version of the Assistant it they want to use ch7?

Geert

many thanks for all the information. I have a Taco Supreme 2D gimbal which was working fine. I've made exactly the same changes as you but one thing is going wrong. Instead of the lever controlling the camera TILT it's controlling the camera ROLL! Not only that, but if I go back to basic mode the app slider also now controls ROLL not TILT.

Any ideas what's gone wrong?

Okay.... Got the pod mod working.
The "Manual Control speed" is the key factor here! It needs to be 100!

I'm still not 100% satisfied on how things work, and am now making a new mod what will improve controlling the gimbal control 100%!

Stay tuned! I think lots of users will like this new mod!
Will post the updated "pod mod" version soon!

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but i have a V2+ and have the 7th channel lever installed, and when 3.08 came out i chose "upgrade version" under basic/RC to get the 7th channel working. It seems with the new, new version of RC assistant 3.4 (updated 10/29/14) you now have to go back to "basic version" of the transmitter.

What happened to me: yesterday i updated to 3.08 with the old version of 3.4 of the vision assistant software and had to choose the upgraded version to get the 7th channel working. Today, i updated to the NEW 3.4 and it changed the way the lever worked. It works as if it were the spring loaded wheel that comes on the upgraded Tx. If you move the leaver past 50%, the camera will start to tilt in that direction. If you move it to say, 75% the camera will move at a certain speed until it's pointed straight down. the further past 50% you move it, the faster the camera moves.

To get it working like normal (the camera tilt angle matches the position of the lever) you need to go back to the "basic version" in the assistant software. Anyone else notice this? sorry if it's confusing. i might just make a video to show you what i mean.

birdheezy said:
To get it working like normal (the camera tilt angle matches the position of the lever) you need to go back to the "basic version" in the assistant software. Anyone else notice this? sorry if it's confusing. i might just make a video to show you what i mean.

I thought once you connected to the vision app, and if you have "basic" controller selected, you cannot control the tilt as the Vision app takes over control.

Am I wrong, or can you control the camera with the lever in the vision app with basic selected?

ya know what, you're right. I didn't test it while connected to the wifi extender. so it looks like it's only set up to use that spring loaded wheel on the new Tx. this lever thing is kind of a bust... haha. maybe it's time to go to radio shack and see if they have any spring loaded dials i can ghetto rig.

AnselA said:
birdheezy said:
It seems with the new, new version of RC assistant 3.4 (updated 10/29/14)
sorry if it's confusing.

Yes, it's confusing.

So DJI updated the vision assistant 3.4 yesterday or this morning i believe. So make sure you go download 3.4 again. There was a battery update issue with the old 3.4.

birdheezy said:
ya know what, you're right. I didn't test it while connected to the wifi extender. so it looks like it's only set up to use that spring loaded wheel on the new Tx. this lever thing is kind of a bust... haha. maybe it's time to go to radio shack and see if they have any spring loaded dials i can ghetto rig.

I may try the dial mod with this: http://www.futurlec.com/Potentiometers/ ... NTpr.shtml

It has a center detent. Maybe that will keep the tilt under control until someone figures out how to downgrade the zenmuse firmware back to 1.0.0.5. Anyone that didn't "upgrade" to 1.0.0.6 retains the regular control profile.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl