6 constructive things we can do to make this forum better

Re: 6 constructive things we can do to make this forum bette

Thanks for all the feedback. We will take it into consideration.

Awesome rewrite Clipper. :D

A+

Saturday morning BumP... :D

I would like to see less useless threads and posts like...WHY DO YOU FLY....HOW OFTEN DO YOU FLY....My CHARGER JUST BLINKS, with no more information. Some will pose a question without enough info to even know what equipment they are using, or what mods they may have done only to find out after many questions. I CRASHED MY PHANTOM. ..WHY? And on and on. Lots of questions with no real info. There are so many UNANSWERED posts where people really need help only to never be answered because they get lost in the BS threads. So many post in the incorrect part of forum. Say what you have...state your problem...state if the unit is new...state if it was ok before and this problem just started....did you make any changes ....etc. I have seen so many posts about someone having a problem only to find out later all they things they have changed, added, crashed, jerry rigged. ASK A GOOD QUESTION...YOU MAY GET A GOOD ANSWER.

IflyinWY said:

Just a heads up... official rules are coming soon and bumping is a violation. Just saying' :cool:

Reactions: dirkclod

Maybe a new members post here first here area would be good . There it be a must read topic for them to understand what they should do as in putting in there location or what they are flying in their signature so we could know what we are dealing with . Seems like most of the new folks that I see coming in are having a problem and are desperate for a fix and really just don't know which way to go .
Just tried to help a guy yesterday that posted in the Help topic's and wasn't getting any so I did try but really wasn't no help to him as we have different birds. Had he posted in the Plus area I'm sure he would have had a fix quick.
Am seeing we are getting a lot of Young folks coming in and unless you have seen them post somewhere how old they where you wouldn't know and then when they ask something they ether get hammered or given a answer they can't comprehend .
They are looking for a little guidance and I think we should give that to them. But how ya gonna know ?
I can't remember when I joined here if there was anything to read on all the good points made in this thread but it should be .
You can bet that someone will join today and ask something as Monte55 just pointed out and it be in the wrong place without the information you need to give them a fix for their problem .
Been this way since I joined and will most likely be the same when I leave !
Is a good thread to let off some steam though huh ;)

Hate to say it but no matter how much prep is done there will always be people who will not do it. Maybe it will cut back on it some, that would be nice. We put a 'no checks' notice in our newsletter every time it goes out and we have a big sign that sits on the reception desk that says "NO CHECKS" but people ask me daily if we take checks. It's just gonna happen.

Reactions: dirkclod

We will be renovating the site in the coming weeks to incorporate many of the suggestions. I think you guys are really going to like it. As for the new Forum Guidelines, those should be coming out tonight or tomorrow. They will give standard guidelines as to justifying banning members, ect. It will be posted as an announcement.

Thanks for the feedback.

:shock: Did I just do that :? Naaaa ;)
Thanks Jacob and look forward to see what changes ! :D

I'm looking forward to the changes, too. Thanks, Jacob and LuvMyTJ.

LuvMyTJ said:
IflyinWY said:

Just a heads up... official rules are coming soon and bumping is a violation. Just saying' :cool:

Sorry bout that. :oops:

Just thought I would stop by to say, Hey Clipper, really cool thread.

Maybe it will be where folks can find it now.
If new folks read the first page, I might stop screaming at so many people... :p

We really help ourselves by posting properly.

I'm less likely to click on a post that's titled "Stuck...Please help!" than one that says specifically what the problem is. People with problems are more likely to find answers in previous threads if threads are properly titled. This would eliminate duplicate threads.

Surprisingly, there are no guidelines for proper thread headlines. This is a deficiency.

Think about it. If you're searching threads by title, you're not going to find solar flares when the title is "Fly at your own risk." That title could cover 90% of the topics here.

Just thought I would stop by to say, Hey Clipper, really cool thread.

Maybe it will be where folks can find it now.
If new folks read the first page, I might stop screaming at so many people... :p
Yea ya have been a ........ahaaaa... little on edge lately :D:):D

Yeah, that's why I spent 1100 on a phantom 3. It just seems like a lot of good info is deleted because some moderator thinks it makes the product look bad. Seems like a lot of posts have been deleted lately. Love my phantom!

And censorship is censorship whether you love the product or hate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers