Hello I'm in Canada Nova scotia and new to this forum

Reaction score
I would like to know how other drone pilots feel about having to rewrite the basic exam every two years ' I myself don't think it's fair that we have to do that I don't mind paying the fee every two years to renew my pilot certificate but I don't think we should be made to rewrite the exam very two years. I have a petition started on face book to try and have this rule changed . Any one who wants to sign my petition to help change this rule just let me know and I will add you to my face book so you can sign it. Thanks Ps I'm new to this forum so just checking to see what it's all about.

Well have a look around and you will see.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Thanks how many on this site is in Canada ?
No idea but here is a section you can look in.

Welcome to the forum droneboy2019. It a great place for information and sharing your photos and videos. Fly safe have fun. Port Hope Ontario

I would like to know how other drone pilots feel about having to rewrite the basic exam every two years ' I myself don't think it's fair that we have to do that I don't mind paying the fee every two years to renew my pilot certificate but I don't think we should be made to rewrite the exam very two years. I have a petition started on face book to try and have this rule changed . Any one who wants to sign my petition to help change this rule just let me know and I will add you to my face book so you can sign it. Thanks Ps I'm new to this forum so just checking to see what it's all about.
I agree (I’m assumywhen you say rewrite, you mean retake). If you were to get your private pilot certificate (fixed wing) your certificate is basically good forever (you still need to have a medical exam every few years, and you also need to log hours, ie landings, takeoffs etc or most places won’t lease/rent an aircraft to you).

In short, as I stated above, I agree. If I fly a thousand dollar 4lb drone I have to retake the test every other year, but I can fly an aircraft with passengers, that could fall out of the sky just as easy and I never have to retake the pilot exam...go figure.

Reactions: Terrycross
Very true. As long as you stay current you're good to go. No check flight needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31