Reaction score
Hey flyers! I have a Phantom 3 Standard and i'm debating on which range extender to get. The two that I'm looking at are the ARGtek and teh 4Hawks Raptor for the Phantom 3 Standard. Have any of you used either one of these? I can't find a lot of reviews on the 4Hawks. Whats your thoughts on these 2?

No, I don't. But I just got - literally, yesterday - the Alfa kit (1 APA-M25 for the 5.8GHz, 2 APA-M04s for 2.4GHz), so I'll be modding my RC soon and will report on the results.
I'm also about to get some 6dBi omnis, as I actually want that to be my everyday setup (more compact and versatile), using the Alfas only when needed.
But I don't want to hijack the thread, I was just confused by your post as I happened to remember you mentioning the ARGteks somewhere else.

No, I don't. But I just got - literally, yesterday - the Alfa kit (1 APA-M25 for the 5.8GHz, 2 APA-M04s for 2.4GHz), so I'll be modding my RC soon and will report on the results.
I'm also about to get some 6dBi omnis, as I actually want that to be my everyday setup (more compact and versatile), using the Alfas only when needed.
But I don't want to hijack the thread, I was just confused by your post as I happened to remember you mentioning the ARGteks somewhere else.
Nah you're fine man! I'm interested to hear how your setup works and how you like it so be sure to post about it.

I got some parts for sale
Hey flyers! I have a Phantom 3 Standard and i'm debating on which range extender to get. The two that I'm looking at are the ARGtek and teh 4Hawks Raptor for the Phantom 3 Standard. Have any of you used either one of these? I can't find a lot of reviews on the 4Hawks. Whats your thoughts on these 2?

Seems like the Argtek is a hit or miss for a few *many* people here. For me, the Argtek gives me around a little over a mile at 5300ish feet at a location that used to only give me 1200 or even less at stock; so I'm very satisfied with my results. The 4Hawks looks similar to the ITELITE Range extender for a similar price range too. Although I have yet to try either of these extenders, I'd say range wise the ITELITE and 4Hawk will be better than the Argtek (from what people are saying). In the end I just like the modular aspect of the Argtek and for what it's worth it gives me all the range I'll ever need.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj