zenmuse H4-3D not working

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I own a phantom 2 equipped with a zenmuse H4-3D gimbal. After a brutal landing, the gimbal does not work anymore, I ordered 8 pins cables connecting the gimbal with the drone because the older one was damaged, thinking that the problem came from there, I replaced it but the gimbal still doesn't lights up whereas the drone works perfectly. No LED is lit on the gimbal to indicate that it is receving any power supply, thus I think that the problem comes from the connection drone-gimbal. Do you have any advice on parts susceptible to be damaged?
Thank you in advance

Marius

Hello everyone,

I own a phantom 2 equipped with a zenmuse H4-3D gimbal. After a brutal landing, the gimbal does not work anymore, I ordered 8 pins cables connecting the gimbal with the drone because the older one was damaged, thinking that the problem came from there, I replaced it but the gimbal still doesn't lights up whereas the drone works perfectly. No LED is lit on the gimbal to indicate that it is receving any power supply, thus I think that the problem comes from the connection drone-gimbal. Do you have any advice on parts susceptible to be damaged?
Thank you in advance

Marius

Marius first connect your P2 to its software and check the upgrade page to see if the gimbal is even recognized.as in this photo.
Upgrade Page_04.jpg

If it isn't try a factory reset of the gimbal as in this video.

You may have to download the firmware from DJI by logging into their site as it is not available anywhere else.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your answer ! I had already checked on the dji assistant software if an update was avalaible but as shown on the photo, the gimbal does not seems to be recognized by the app. And no lights is lit on the gimbal to be able to make a reset as you mentionned. I suspect the problem to come from the Anti-interference Board, is that possible ? But then the brutal landing would have nothing to do with this problem ?

phantom 2 cassé.png

I finally fixed the problem as I did a new set up without using the anti-interference board and directly connecting the 8 pins cable to the zenmuse output. But what could be the reason for the power connect board to be blown ?
Thank you :)

Reactions: yo-dude
I finally fixed the problem as I did a new set up without using the anti-interference board and directly connecting the 8 pins cable to the zenmuse output. But what could be the reason for the power connect board to be blown ?
Thank you :)

That's unusual. if you start have more interference on your monitor then replace the module. That is of course if you can find one.

Yes I tried to see if I could ship one of these anti-interference board but it costs a 100$ to ship one from the US. It seems that I still have a problem as I just powered the drone and the gimbal, it lit up perfectly but as I observed the gimbal more precisely, the vertical axis is blocked while the two others work fine.
The vertical axis seems to be pushed towards the drone and is prevented from moving. I don't know if you see what I mean through the picture below.

IMG_3296.jpg

Yes I tried to see if I could ship one of these anti-interference board but it costs a 100$ to ship one from the US. It seems that I still have a problem as I just powered the drone and the gimbal, it lit up perfectly but as I observed the gimbal more precisely, the vertical axis is blocked while the two others work fine.
The vertical axis seems to be pushed towards the drone and is prevented from moving. I don't know if you see what I mean through the picture below.

View attachment 81559

Your photo is absolutely useless.

More then likely the gimbal vertical arm is at the pot of its travel on the motor shaft. there is a screw on the vertical arm loosen it and move it down then
re-tighten it.
IMG_0024.jpg

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the photo quality, I did what you told me but in fact my vertical axis is not working anymore and as I moved it, the gimbal balance is completely disturbed. The second thing is that the whole gimbal was burning hot when I lit off the drone, this might explain why the anti interference board was blown up. I'm given the impression that I should rather buy another gimbal, except if you have a better idea.
Thanks again for your time !

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the photo quality, I did what you told me but in fact my vertical axis is not working anymore and as I moved it, the gimbal balance is completely disturbed. The second thing is that the whole gimbal was burning hot when I lit off the drone, this might explain why the anti interference board was blown up. I'm given the impression that I should rather buy another gimbal, except if you have a better idea.
Thanks again for your time !

The price for a new Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal here in the states is $199.00 but you may find some online or ebay but there's no guarantee the will be under $200.00

The price for a new Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal here in the states is $199.00 but you may find some online or ebay but there's no guarantee the will be under $200.00
Yes I'll see what I can find, but thank you for your great help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav