Zenmuse H3-3D vibration issue

Reaction score
I couldn't find any answer on the forum, sorry if there's a thread already.

This video shows my problem (please play with sound to hear it).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This issue happens when I start my Phantom 2 V2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro Hero 3. I've never had any problem until now.

So today I took my Hero 3 out of the gimbal to shoot some sport footage. Things started to go wrong when I placed it back in the gimbal. I actually get shaky footage, with some kind of strong interference.
If I slightly touch the left knob, the vibration stops and it behaves properly. All the latest firmwares are installed.

I've tried different things, none worked:

1) recalibrate the X1 in the Phantom RC software.
2) hold the GoPro in the gimbal with the original bracket or also an elastic band.
3) put some isolating tape on the left and rear knobs.

Anyone with the same issue?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I couldn't find any answer on the forum, sorry if there's a thread already.

This video shows my problem (please play with sound to hear it).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This issue happens when I start my Phantom 2 V2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro Hero 4 Black. I've never had any problem until now.

So today I took my Hero 4 out of the gimbal to shoot some sport footage. Things started to go wrong when I placed it back in the gimbal. I actually get shaky footage, with some kind of strong interference.
If I slightly touch the left knob, the vibration stops and it behaves properly. All the latest firmwares are installed.

I've tried different things, none worked:

1) recalibrate the X1 in the Phantom RC software.
2) hold the GoPro in the gimbal with the original bracket or also an elastic band.
3) put some isolating tape on the left and rear knobs.

Anyone with the same issue?
Thanks!

Re-calibrate in both the RC and P2 software. You may have a weight problem with the hero 4 which is heavier then hero 3. Balancing with weights should help. I use a hero3+ with a sun hood glued to a lens protector which is 6g with a counter weight of 6g on back gimbal plate and it works perfectly.

Because of the weight problem with the hero 4 and H3-3D dji came out with the H4-3D to correct the problem.

Thanks Jason. Unfortunately I've tried that already and it doesn't work either. I believe some part of the gimbal engine just broke somehow.
I guess I should have switched to the H4-3D from the beginning...

I've had that exact same issue. I tried EVERYTHING. Recalibrating, "bricking" and reinstalling software, trying a different GoPro, etc. Nothing worked.

Took it to my local shop and the guy messed around with it for 2 minutes and realized that the main vertical piece that swivels was loose and the looseness of it caused enough slippage to initiate the calibrations constantly, thus resulting in really odd movements, vibrations, and violent noises. Make sure all the little screws are tightened on it - especially the big main vertical piece - mine was sliding up and down maybe half a centimeter. You'll need a small allan wrench to tighten it. Hope this helps.

Zach

Hi Zach, thanks for your answer. I've tried that too and to no avail, unfortunately. I'm already talking to B&H for a return as it's supposed to still be under warranty. I hope they can help me!
Thanks anyway for the reply!
I've had that exact same issue. I tried EVERYTHING. Recalibrating, "bricking" and reinstalling software, trying a different GoPro, etc. Nothing worked.

Took it to my local shop and the guy messed around with it for 2 minutes and realized that the main vertical piece that swivels was loose and the looseness of it caused enough slippage to initiate the calibrations constantly, thus resulting in really odd movements, vibrations, and violent noises. Make sure all the little screws are tightened on it - especially the big main vertical piece - mine was sliding up and down maybe half a centimeter. You'll need a small allan wrench to tighten it. Hope this helps.

Zach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers