Your highest altitude flown?

It's common sense to most sane normal people, I guess you're none of the above.
So then go fly your Phantom wherever you want to right, I hope to see you on the news...
Topic of this thread is : Your highest altitude flown? : Not Flame the flyer ! o_O That's another thread ;)

So then go fly your Phantom wherever you want to right, I hope to see you on the news...
There is already enough fear of personal drones from the clueless masses, you don't need to contribute to it.

There have been some million hours of accumulated flight in these aircraft worldwide, and there is not a single reported incident of a collision with a manned aircraft. Not one. All other segments of aviation would be jealous to have the same safety record.

The FAA executive in charge of integrating unmanned aerial systems (UAS) into the National Airspace System (NAS) (Jim Williams) says that if and when a small UAS (sUAS) and a manned aircraft collide, the manned aircraft isn't likely to suffer serious damage. Williams was speaking to a nervous audience of helicopter operators at HAI Heli-Expo in Orlando (March 2015) and said that while there's never been a reported contact between an sUAS and a civilian aircraft, the military has some experience in that regard. In all cases the aircraft was virtually unscathed while the UAS was "smashed to pieces."

And, staying on-topic, 500 ft. Now that I have Flytrex 3G installed, I'll probably be more adventurous.

I never said anything about responsible or not. All I said it's not the "law" regardless of what you think. There is no law breaking.

o_O
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Ahaaa...Screenshot's
unpatient_animated_avatar_100x100_49421.gif

Reactions: rrmccabe
I have a question and I apologize if its a newbie one. I can get up to a high altitude with no problem like I'm sure we all can, with very little battery consumption. How the heck can you increase the decent speed ? I burn most of the battery getting back down. I almost had to change my shorts because I didnt think it was going to make it back in time.
There is no descent speed limit in manual mode. Throttle back to about 10% and keep the Phantom in motion laterally to avoid Vortex Ring State (VRS). When you are about 100 ft up, switch back to ATTI or GPS mode and land normally. In manual mode you could theoretically turn it upside down and fly down at high speed then recover at the last moment. Road Runner and Coyote come to mind. Also in theory, and not tested is to CSC power-down the Phantom and let it free-fall to a couple of hundred feet then CSC restart the Phantom and it should stabilize itself.

Except for restricted air space there is no law. So there is nothing to break.

Have a word with yourself :rolleyes:
So either you really believe that US law is practised everywhere on the planet..... or you think this is a US only forum ????

Have a word with yourself :rolleyes:
So either you really believe that US law is practised everywhere on the planet..... or you think this is a US only forum ????

Sorry Hughie. Yea I sometimes forget that.

But in this case if you cruise back a few pages in this thread the law we were discussing was FAA.

But you are 100% correct and I should have been clearer in my last post. You boys in the UK as well as other places have different laws and rules for sure.

:cool:

Okey dokey then :) Now that we got that settled lets go back even farther where we were talking about Your highest altitude flown o_O

and this threads goes off - again!

popcorn_zpsd727wohr.gif

Reactions: dirkclod
Okey dokey then :) Now that we got that settled lets go back even farther where we were talking about Your highest altitude flown o_O

Or even the lowest ?

Reactions: rrmccabe
Just did 678 meeters 2,224 feet before it went into gohome mode. Must be a bad day for 2.4ghz

Attachments

• 20150426_102336.jpg
    20150426_102336.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 232
giphy.gif

-32.7 ft in Mississippi?

thats lower than New Orleans!

SubMarIA?

IMG_3006_zpshaeg4lmx.gif

Ah lads stop the bitching, you will never become the Internet best troll. That goes to both of you, low fliers and high fliers

Ah lads stop the bitching, you will never become the Internet best troll. That goes to both of you, low fliers and high fliers
Ya right he gone now :) That all ya got bro?
tiger.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4