Yellow LED stays on remote P3 Standard

Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone else had this problem?
The LED on my P3S remote seems to be stuck on all the time.
I turn the remote to the OFF position and I still have a Yellow/Green LED on.
See picture.
I have tried letting the remote go flat, tried resetting the WIFI (as advised by DJI).

DJI have asked me to send the remote back to USA, but that will take a minimum of
20161121_141750.jpg
12 weeks turnaround.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

I had the same problem, it was because I had unplugged it from the computer before I had exited the program. Try connecting back to your computer, do a stick calibration and save the settings and exit the program, then unplug the USB cable.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the same problem, it was because I had unplugged it from the computer before I had exited the program. Try connecting back to your computer, do a stick calibration and save the settings and exit the program, then unplug the USB cable.

You lost me,
Why would you have it connected to a computer, and what program would you be using?

Rod

Are you completely new to how DJI products work? You download the appropriate program from the DJI website to update firmware etc of both the Phantom and the Transmitter. You can also calibrate the controls on your transmitter, it should have come with a USB lead.

I think you need to read your manual fully, I have given you a solution that worked for me. But it seems you do not fully understand the workings of what you have purchased.

Are you completely new to how DJI products work? You download the appropriate program from the DJI website to update firmware etc of both the Phantom and the Transmitter. You can also calibrate the controls on your transmitter, it should have come with a USB lead.

I think you need to read your manual fully, I have given you a solution that worked for me. But it seems you do not fully understand the workings of what you have purchased.

Well he is not alone!!!! Connect the controller to the computer,? Why? Run the program??? What program?
My DJI programs run on my mobile, I suspect his does too. What do you do, haul a PC on you back when you go flying??

And you are talking about a P3S?

Rod

This image show where you connect the controller using the USB cable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 21.31.56.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 21.31.56.png
    596.2 KB · Views: 465
Thanks Nantmoel, As the topic says I have the Standard.
I have tried everything I can think of.
  • letting the remote go flat
  • recalibrating the sticks (via the app)
  • relinking the drone
  • relinking the wifi
The good news is, it still seems to function ok, just the LED stays on.
DJI were unable to help, they want me to send it back which means I will lose it for 2 months or more.

Since the remote is working OK, I might just fit a bypass switch for the battery to disable all power when the remote is not being used.
I am hoping to find someone who has crashed their P3S beyond repair so I can buy their remote off them.

Yes must be a stuck switch, take it apart for a look see, does the light go green when charged?

Here is the hard to find classifieds.
Classifieds

Rod

Thanks Nantmoel, As the topic says I have the Standard.
I have tried everything I can think of.
  • letting the remote go flat
  • recalibrating the sticks (via the app)
  • relinking the drone
  • relinking the wifi
The good news is, it still seems to function ok, just the LED stays on.
DJI were unable to help, they want me to send it back which means I will lose it for 2 months or more.

Since the remote is working OK, I might just fit a bypass switch for the battery to disable all power when the remote is not being used.
I am hoping to find someone who has crashed their P3S beyond repair so I can buy their remote off them.

Mine was exactly the same, remote worked fine. I hope you find a solution.

Yes must be a stuck switch, take it apart for a look see, does the light go green when charged?

Here is the hard to find classifieds.
Classifieds

Rod

Thanks Rod, light changes from yellow to green when charged.
Took it out for a flight yesterday, everything is working perfectly (except the light staying on).
Pulled the remote apart, I can't see anything wrong, so it is making me think it is a software issue maybe or a diode / transistor gone faulty.

Think I will just live with it until I can justify a Mavic Pro.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks Rod, light changes from yellow to green when charged.
Took it out for a flight yesterday, everything is working perfectly (except the light staying on).
Pulled the remote apart, I can't see anything wrong, so it is making me think it is a software issue maybe or a diode / transistor gone faulty.

Think I will just live with it until I can justify a Mavic Pro.
Hum, well you can use it for a night light, update us on how long it takes to discharge. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: Pharm and Darren_P
Follow up.
The battery seems to last about a week and a half from being fully charged if I dont fly. Still no issues when flying, all appears to work ok.
I was looking on ebay a week ago and there was a used controller up for auction. Poor guy crashed his P3S into the Pacific Ocean. I won the auction $35AUD, cosidering a new one is $170AUD I am very happy.

Question though, is the firmware updated to the Phantom or to the controller or both?
I updated mine about 2 weeks ago to 1.7.90 with the old remote, but the replacement wanted to update to 1.7.90 as well.

Sent from my SM-T530 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Follow up.
The battery seems to last about a week and a half from being fully charged if I dont fly. Still no issues when flying, all appears to work ok.
I was looking on ebay a week ago and there was a used controller up for auction. Poor guy crashed his P3S into the Pacific Ocean. I won the auction $35AUD, cosidering a new one is $170AUD I am very happy.

Question though, is the firmware updated to the Phantom or to the controller or both?
I updated mine about 2 weeks ago to 1.7.90 with the old remote, but the replacement wanted to update to 1.7.90 as well.
Darran... when you had it apart, did you disconnect the battery for a minute or two and then reconnect it? That should reboot the controller and that is the next thing I would do. I've never seen a yellow light on mine. There is a red and green LED in there and if yellow is lit means they both are lit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic