Xoar Beechwood Propellers Review / Details (Pics, Video's, Logs, Weight)

Then again, 5045 props still work on my mini's, quite inefficient, but it gives good speed, so .. :)
Yes, I also fly a mini using 5045 props with DJI NAZA FC. I had to crank the pitch/roll gains waaaaay down.

sure. while hovering, put a finger in the prop and measure how many stitches you need and how loud your scream :)

seriously though, amps pulled when hovering and at various speeds would be great to see. And you might want to repeat that experiment after adding some weight, as it could show a hidden benefit of higher pitched props for people carrying extra equipment.
That is what I'm thinking. It may help if you are carrying and extra battery or two. Not as much flex.
and Vertigo the loud screaming we would just need to man up. But please pickup the blood. :p

Agreed, 6" pitch does sound like a lot. However, since Xoar is well respected in the prop business I would expect that these props designed expressly for P3 would have been subjected to a lot of analysis and testing. As you can see the shape of the blades is totally different from the stock DJI props and so would have different aerodynamic characteristics. IMO the industry standard pitch rating is only a reference and when you compare several different props with the same diameter and pitch they will yield different static thrust results. I used to have a bench setup for testing static thrust but, sadly, got rid of it when moving/downsizing.

Bottom line: I can't resist any longer. Going to order a set right now.
Bill did you get any tests done with the props.

I ended up flying these alot and really liked them. I looked at alot of logs, didn't necessarily see a difference in performance, but i did like them. I crashed mine and destroyed the props on a flipover on takeoff. I have one single prop left, the other three shredded against some rocks :(

I ended up flying these alot and really liked them. I looked at alot of logs, didn't necessarily see a difference in performance, but i did like them. I crashed mine and destroyed the props on a flipover on takeoff. I have one single prop left, the other three shredded against some rocks :(
Oh man that is a shame.:( I may have to pickup a set and see how it works with a heavy payload ( extra battery.)

Reactions: Digdat0
I've been really lucky with my unexpected landing. the last one was unbelievable. here it is in slow motion. I seen some on me FPV and it was a mile away.

I've been really lucky with my unexpected landing. the last one was unbelievable. here it is in slow motion. I seen some on me FPV and it was a mile away.

Holy crap man that was a super hard landing. It looked like it bounced up 10 feet, like a spring. Hope you recovered it okay. Probably a good call to land rather than risk crashing on the flight though.

Bill did you get any tests done with the props.
Well it's been hot as heck here lately and haven't been doing much flying. No scientific testing but my subjective impression is that I can see virtually no difference in flight performance. Except that they are quieter. Rapid stick input gets crisp response but then that's also true of the plastic props. The 6" pitch is not a problem - no sign of stalling. I believe I have observed a small difference when hovering in a stiff breeze. The bird seems to have less difficulty staying put and the characteristic buzzing that I usually hear is gone. But then I haven't made a direct comparison in the same wind at the same time.

The workmanship is beautiful - they look great on the P3.

Last edited:
Well it's been hot as heck here lately and haven't been doing much flying. No scientific testing but my subjective impression is that I can see virtually no difference in flight performance. Except that they are quieter. Rapid stick input gets crisp response but then that's also true of the plastic props. The 6" pitch is not a problem - no sign of stalling. I believe I have observed a small difference when hovering in a stiff breeze. The bird seems to have less difficulty staying put and the characteristic buzzing that I usually hear is gone. But then I haven't made a direct comparison in the same wind at the same time.

The workmanship is beautiful - they look great on the P3.
Bill do you run an extra battery on your P3? just wondering if there is any different with a heavier payload.

Bill do you run an extra battery on your P3? just wondering if there is any different with a heavier payload.
No, I have not done the battery mod. But I do have a set of the mounting plates for a future project.

I'm getting a set , they look top quality Im sure they did the homework engineering these but the new phantoms are very good keeping performance flat , agresive props no problem they lower the rpm and you will notice minimal gains ...
Most beautiful props I ever see for the phantom, Digdat0 you should mark the one that survived and hang her in the wall :) ...

I'm getting a set , they look top quality Im sure they did the homework engineering these but the new phantoms are very good keeping performance flat , agresive props no problem they lower the rpm and you will notice minimal gains ...
Most beautiful props I ever see for the phantom, Digdat0 you should mark the one that survived and hang her in the wall :) ...

Ive got that last/surviving on on my monitor at work, it has a pin needle going through it so i can spin it like a propeller hat :)

upload_2017-2-25_20-26-25.jpeg

Reactions: phxbird57

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20