Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 propellers

Reaction score
I have some after market carbon fiber "1.0 " props for my Phantom 4 Pro, and they don't seem to be any better or quieter than the DJI stock "1.0" props. I am considering buying some "2.0" quiet props to see how those are. A quick check of Amazon shows several vendors selling "2.0" quiet props, at about 1/2 the DJI price. A check of the ratings suggest quality control may be an issue, with some failures reported. Are those non-DJI props basically "seconds" that DJI has rejected, or are they just as good? I think the difference in price, about $23 for a set of four, is just not worth the risk. Anybody have some experience with aftermarket "2.0" props?

I have some after market carbon fiber "1.0 " props for my Phantom 4 Pro, and they don't seem to be any better or quieter than the DJI stock "1.0" props. I am considering buying some "2.0" quiet props to see how those are. A quick check of Amazon shows several vendors selling "2.0" quiet props, at about 1/2 the DJI price. A check of the ratings suggest quality control may be an issue, with some failures reported. Are those non-DJI props basically "seconds" that DJI has rejected, or are they just as good? I think the difference in price, about $23 for a set of four, is just not worth the risk. Anybody have some experience with aftermarket "2.0" props?
cheap Aftermarket props are trash most of the time, made my phantom 4 pro wiggle a lot, i would just keep the stock OEM props.

You will like the DJI low noise propellers. They do work. I have a pair of aftermarket that will never again be attached to my drones. Near disaster, pay for OEM please.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Fly away props

• Wow
Reactions: thatsanicepicture
Bought 2 sets, I got a refund after sending this video to the supplier. They didn’t even want the old ones back. The OEM, low noise props have a more desirable lower pitch on the P4P/A, not so much on the standard. I have a set of on unopened after market low noise for $5 freight if interested. LOL

Last edited:
Bought a set of original DJI props from a non-DJI website. When they arrived, they were obviously not OEM. I complained and the seller refunded me without even wanting the props back. That just indicates how cheap the quality must be. You just don't know what quality plastic generic white plastic props could be made from -- which only fail while in the air. Don't do it, no matter how good a deal it seems to be. Order directly from DJI or from an authorized DJI seller.

Reactions: Capt KO
Something I noticed on these v2 quiet props. They work fine on the v2 machine, but the P4P v1 seemed to have an increased descend speed that can catch you off guard if not paying attention.
Anyone else see this issue?

Something I noticed on these v2 quiet props. They work fine on the v2 machine, but the P4P v1 seemed to have an increased descend speed that can catch you off guard if not paying attention.
Yes kinda felt the same way also one side was not keeping up while descending, I am pretty sure v2.0 props make phantom faster and have lower noise but I think stock ones are more stable for me. Gotta admit that 2.0 props look really great probably the main reason why I have 2.0 props

I found that a lot of after market props required balancing first to reduce vibration, which became a pain. Now, I only buy the best for my UAV's since having a failure while working a scene is not an option. I am using the low noise props on my P4P seem to work Ok.

It is very unwise to buy second part props instead of original ones. Both are very cheap and as props are one of the most essential part of the drone I see no point in not buying the originals.
Even if no-name brand are balanced they can be made of less quality material prone to bend more or even brake.
I have good experience with lo-noise props. My P4P+ flies as stabile as with original ones and the noise is more pleasant.

Yep. The hair went up on the back of my neck for a second first time I did a normal fast decent, with these. On P4P V1. Felt like a freefall for a moment. Least I know I can come down in a hurry. I find them quite responsive, and to my ears, the low hum is not as offensive. At 100ft, people rarely look up. ?

I use the low noise props from Dji I love them. I wouldn't use any after market props on my P4P to many bad reviews. Although the low noise props work well, you will have to balance them if not out of the box after a few flights. I've had to do this with all my props.

I've been using third-party aftermarket props for years with great success...until the P4P...

D

I use the low noise props from Dji I love them. I wouldn't use any after market props on my P4P to many bad reviews. Although the low noise props work well, you will have to balance them if not out of the box after a few flights. I've had to do this with all my props.

What exactly is physically changing on your OEM props after use?

Interesting. Of the more than a dozen prop spinning DJI products I deal with, I’ve never seen one that I felt needed any balancing.
Are there really other flyers having balance issues?
Please chime in.

Interesting. Of the more than a dozen prop spinning DJI products I deal with, I’ve never seen one that I felt needed any balancing.
Please chime in.

Never, all have been made just fine.

Please chime in.

I always balanced my Phantom 1 props...mostly because those were always aftermarket props that were inherently out of balance. Since then, I have not balanced my Inspire 1, P4P or Mavic Pro props. I HAVE noticed some balance issues with the M600 Pro props at low RPM. But once the motors spin up, those issues seem to dissipate. And for the record, I only use OEM props.

D

I just had to replace antennas on my phantom 3 standard, so I thought what the ( Mod Removed Language ) I’ll change my orange Dji props while I’m at it to the white after market ones I got on eBay years ago, never used.

Then fired her up and this is the result with aftermarket, looks and sounds like it is running up 3 cyclinders

So back to the orange Dji branded ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Harleydude
Please chime in.

I'm a stickler when it comes to that as soon as notice some vibration when the drone is winding down to a stop I'll check the props for balancing. In my opinion the props take a lot of abuse every flight. So keeping them perfectly balanced gives me little more confidence form flight to flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.