Would like clarification of RTH altitude

Reaction score
Hi again,
I live on a "mountain" overlooking Lake George. My mean sea level altitude is around 700 feet. I would like to set the RTH altitude properly ...the trees around me are approximately 100 feet tall. Suppose I set RTH to 200 feet, and then fly the Phantom (2 Vision plus) off the mountain and descend a few hundred feet flying towards the lake. If it loses signal and invokes the Failsafe, will it climb to my original Home height plus 200 feet before returning home? Or will it only climb to 200 feet above ground level (AGL) where it is and proceed to crash into the mountain?

I figure it is probaly my first assumption, but want to be sure before I try it.

Thanks

Larry

Hi again,
I live on a "mountain" overlooking Lake George. My mean sea level altitude is around 700 feet. I would like to set the RTH altitude properly ...the trees around me are approximately 100 feet tall. Suppose I set RTH to 200 feet, and then fly the Phantom (2 Vision plus) off the mountain and descend a few hundred feet flying towards the lake. If it loses signal and invokes the Failsafe, will it climb to my original Home height plus 200 feet before returning home? Or will it only climb to 200 feet above ground level (AGL) where it is and proceed to crash into the mountain?

I figure it is probaly my first assumption, but want to be sure before I try it.

Thanks

Larry
First assumption is correct .

Lake George near Canberra?
If so, I'd love to come fly with you out there. I've been eyeing that place off as a place to fly for a long time.

Your Phantom doesn't know sea level. It doesn't know ground level.
It only understands the altitude of it's home point (zero) and it calculates everything from there.

Your Phantom doesn't know sea level. It doesn't know ground level.
It only understands the altitude of it's home point (zero) and it calculates everything from there.
ah thanks all. that makes sense.
larry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.