Wobble After Throttle

Reaction score
I'm really new to the Forum here and I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting in the right place so please correct me if I need to post somewhere else.

The other day I had a small crash with my DJI Phantom 4. After landing I managed to bump a throttle button which then sent the already landed drone to the side hitting the propellers on the ground and then it flipped over completely onto its top. A physical sweep revealed just one broken propeller which I replaced. For the most part my drone appears to funcion normally ** except ** when I throttle forward. When I throttle forward in P mode and reach full speed if I let go of the throttle and allow the drone to stop and stabilize itself it kinda starts to wobble a bit like it might fall out of the air. I'm really new to the Forum here and I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting in the right place so please correct me if I need to post somewhere else.

Any thoughts on how I might check, fix this? Any tips you can offer are greatly appreciated!

If you are certain that the it was just the one prop that was damaged and the remaining three were free of damage, hair line cracks etc, and the drone flies dead straight, you should be fine. Personally I would change all four given the low cost involved to remove any doubt of the possibility of one of the props being bent out of shape.
Anyway, releasing the throttle at max speed involves a whole lot of dynamic braking and it is normal to have the drone wobble and move around until it has reached its hovering state (even more so if there is a reasonable breeze about). Personally, I ease the throttle gently as I can't see the point in putting unnecessary stress on the AC.

I'm really new to the Forum here and I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting in the right place so please correct me if I need to post somewhere else.

The other day I had a small crash with my DJI Phantom 4. After landing I managed to bump a throttle button which then sent the already landed drone to the side hitting the propellers on the ground and then it flipped over completely onto its top. A physical sweep revealed just one broken propeller which I replaced. For the most part my drone appears to funcion normally ** except ** when I throttle forward. When I throttle forward in P mode and reach full speed if I let go of the throttle and allow the drone to stop and stabilize itself it kinda starts to wobble a bit like it might fall out of the air. I'm really new to the Forum here and I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting in the right place so please correct me if I need to post somewhere else.

Any thoughts on how I might check, fix this? Any tips you can offer are greatly appreciated!
It's a good idea to perform an IMU calibration after any kind of accident/crash.

Geo

Reactions: Sir Jefficus
No need to go for heavy braking

Check if motors are free to rotate

Check if any other blade got deshaped

Carry out IMU calibration

Throttle comes from the left stick and this controls altitude, (up and down). Your right stick controls cyclic, or pitch and roll (forwards, back, and side to side).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair