With P4P out, Mavic is dead

Idi
My point is there are different reasons to favor one over another.

My point is that "the Mavic is dead" isn't quite the right title for this. Many people can use the Mavic for a number of purposes where it may be a better choice. Also, doesn't it fly very very quietly compared to the P4P?
Did you read the original post? Second line in particular?

My point is there are different reasons to favor one over another.

My point is that "the Mavic is dead" isn't quite the right title for this. Many people can use the Mavic for a number of purposes where it may be a better choice. Also, doesn't it fly very very quietly compared to the P4P?

I also notice that you will likely get laid with the Phantom series. The phantoms are such an icon. Girls be like dribbling on your controller and guys be like heavily breathing near your ears trying to see the screen. On a side note, I can't imagine how action an Inspire pilot gets.

In contrast, no one bats an eye with the Mavic. It's spooky quiet and everyone thinks its a cheapo toy you get at the kiosk in the middle of the shopping centres. What's great is that you can fly undisturbed because no one cares and no one sees your 'look-at-me-bright-white-dirty-finger-printed' controller. I could always spot another phantom user by way they walk with the slightly oversized backpack.

So in regards to getting laid, then I can clearly say that the Mavic is dead =)

Yes, it is apple and orange. So why are you arguing for long range as the criteria for a MR.

Well, it could be because half my MR flights are over two miles away. If you want to fly close by, that's fine. Many of us enjoy the freedom that Lightbridge can provide. Some of us expect technology to get better, not worse, which has been the case with Lightbridge lately. Ocu-sync sounds like an advance, but for some reason it wasn't implemented on P4P. That's a bit confusing, and there are reports the new light bridge in P4P is anemic. I'm still waiting for other input from experienced phantom distance junkies like me.

Fly often, be safe

If you absolutely want long distance video feed, check out connection tx and rx. They are pricey and too heavy for phantom but if you have a rig for it, they are good.

If you absolutely want long distance video feed, check out connection tx and rx. They are pricey and too heavy for phantom but if you have a rig for it, they are good.
Yeah, amps can always get you out there, but my preference is no amps or external battery bulk. I travel and backpack a lot, so the simplicity of a stock radio is good. Light weight is good. Less bulk is good. I'm OK with a simple folding windsurfer, that weighs nothing, easy to use and store. I would simply like the P4P to perform as good or better than my P3P, range-wise. I really don't think that's asking for too much. I'm hoping the P4P is up to the task. It would be great if someone could compare P3P to P4P in a couple of open areas for a fair comparison.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl