Windows 10 !!!!! Arrrgh!!!!

Reaction score
Hi I’ve just recently purchased a new windows 10 laptop to replace my ancient ‘thing’. I’m wanting to try a bit of editing on my filming but I can’t seem to connect to laptop . When I connect with usb cable the laptop makes a couple of noises as if to register the drone but nothing else, no auto play/media player option and it’s not even showing in hardware/usb?? Some help would be much appreciated and in non hitec computer language lol

Justo [emoji1303]

Forget connecting Drone to computer ...

Take out the SD card and use a card reader in the computer USB ... its faster and easier. It also means you don't have to have your drone powered up on the floor / bench.

Hi I’ve just recently purchased a new windows 10 laptop to replace my ancient ‘thing’. I’m wanting to try a bit of editing on my filming but I can’t seem to connect to laptop . When I connect with usb cable the laptop makes a couple of noises as if to register the drone but nothing else, no auto play/media player option and it’s not even showing in hardware/usb??
Why are you attempting to connect the aircraft for image retrieval? As mentioned it is not necessary, unless your are attempting to access log files.

The problem is Win10 doesn't allow installation of the USB drivers for the Phantom. That means you can't connect the aircraft to the computer by USB to use DJI Assistant for anything. Earlier editions of Win10 didn't have that problem.

I don't use DJI Assistant but I connect my Win10 Laptop most of the time to the Phantom to download picts and vids, unless I'm out in the field.

What is your Win10 build?

My problem is a can't connect my iPad or my iPhone 7 to my Win10 Laptop.
But an old iPod has no problem. All three devices works fine on a Win7, and a XP. :mad::rolleyes:

Uninstalled reinstalled, etc......
I haven't got the nerve yet, to reformat and see if the thumb drive I did on day one is going to work.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik