Reaction score
My Phantom 3 has been working great. However yesterday I tried the "orbit mode". It hovered over what I thought was 10 feet above a tall fir tree. I looked at the controller for a second (to try and figure out why it didn't see the object to orbit)...I then heard a grrr noise and saw it tumble through the 40 foot high tree. Amazingly, it came out unscathed from the crash, probably by falling through the branches... except for what looked like antenna that was loose.

I pushed the antenna-like object back into the arm of the landing leg, took the battery out and put it back in....and it flew around perfectly - without a hitch for 15 minutes.

This morning I walked out to same adjacent field and it would not connect. DJI go said "radio channel quality - poor". I went back to my studio, and the same thing happened when trying to connect "radio channel quality - poor... strong interference". I tuned off the drone and the app continued with this warning.

Any suggestions? Could the fall finally have caught up with it ...a day later? Or is there really interference?

BTW, I just went into Image Transmission settings and there are no lines (and come to think of it there never have been)... not sure if this is related?

Last edited:
I put DJI Go on my cell phone and it connected with a new UBS...though I could see no camera image. I think it might be my old UBS, I shaved off some of the sounding plastic so it would fit though the bottom of the controller holder since the Samsung Tablet has the UBS port in the middle of the bottom of the tablet. Why didn't DJI think of this and make a space a UBS could fit!? I'll try some tests again tomorrow morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers