WiFi Interference

Reaction score
I have a upcoming event that will require me to fly my P34k near a crowed parking lot with lots of people who will more than likely be using cell phones. My question is, while I'm flying, will I get any interference from the Wi-Fi cell phone signals, that could cause me some issues or problems? The event is 4 days from now. If at all possible, maybe someone could respond back with an answer before the scheduled event. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks!

Well, that story is old and prior to Part 107, so likely not applicable in current situations.

To the OP:
1. Be sure that you are Part 107 certified.
2. Insurance would be HIGHLY recommended.
3. Don't fly over people who are not involved in the drone flight operations unless they are protected by being under cover such as in a vehicle or inside a building. (If you are Part 107 certified, they you already know this.)

Well, that story is old and prior to Part 107, so likely not applicable in current situations.
The OP didn't state he was flying 107, so I thought it would be kind to alert him just in case. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of pilots out there who don't have a clue what is going on. And I see it every day. For example, yesterday somebody posted on this site that flying drones out of VLOS was perfectly legal in the U.S. and he argued adamantly that he was correct and he still believes he's correct.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj