Who's up for a challenge? Diagnosing P4P v2 gimbal issues

I am back from my vacation. I have read through this post again. It can have a bent yaw arm and still work smoothly. In that case just replace the Yaw arm and maybe the ribbon cable. Only use an OEM ribbon.
Hi @Droneted. Welcome home. I will replace the yaw arm, but I figured it might be worth trying to straighten this one in the meantime. Figured if it snapped or showed signs of stress fractures, I'd toss it. It's now only about 1.5 degrees off of perfect and doesn't appear to be significantly weakened (still, I'll replace it to be safe--don't want the camera taking a dive because the arm had a weak spot and failed). For all intents and purposes, the gimbal is doing what it's supposed to do in flight and the video is smooth. I'll be taking you up on your offer for an email with some details on remaining issues and a few pics probably later this evening.

Reactions: Droneted
Hi folks. Both sensors in the yaw motor are scratched. Here's what they look like. I haven't looked at the other two motors yet but I guess I'll be swapping this one out.
P4Pv2 yaw motor sensor 2.jpg
P4Pv2 yaw motor sensor 1.jpg

Reactions: Droneted
Hi folks. Both sensors in the yaw motor are scratched. Here's what they look like. I haven't looked at the other two motors yet but I guess I'll be swapping this one out.View attachment 123632View attachment 123631
I would be willing to bet that is the only bad motor. Make sure you reuse the yaw motor drum. I have a YouTube video that shows how to do it

I would be willing to bet that is the only bad motor. Make sure you reuse the yaw motor drum. I have a YouTube video that shows how to do it
Yup, I've watched that video. Just need to find a replacement that's in good shape. Was just typing you an email...stand by for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20