P3 Firmware Which is the safest firmware version on P3 Prof AC / RC / APP?

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

Please, someone, who has experience in the firmware versions, please help me, and explain me something...

I read a lot of things about the firmware... My new P3 Prof will arrive tomorrow. This is my 3rd. The first was the seller's mistake, 2nd was frobably FW error, and this is gonna be the 3rd. I would like to enjoy to fly, but in the last 2 month I was full of FW problems, I had to sell, and send back few Phantoms, etc, and slowly I'm having enough...

So here I'm asking, it's gonna be a new P3P, from Official source, leftover stock. So the updated motor, and probably the 3rd generation. Which is the safest FW to use it with?

I saw somewhere that the P3Ps have 3 edition, and the 1st, and 2nd have problem with newer FW. I'd like to really know which is the latest, stable FW, that all functions are working. Someone complained about Waypoints, someone had video transmission errors, somebody had signal range problems, and I'm not fancy with any of these (like no one else)...

Other question... At the moment there's the newest DJI GO App on my tablet. Am I right, if I connect it to the remote, does it update the remote's FW automaticaly? I may remember wrong, not sure, I may clicked to the update button, not sure... So if I have the latest Go App, do I need to use the latest FW on the RC and the AC? Or can I ignore, or switch off the messages?

More question... Can I use the latest remote FW with older AC FW? I saw few times, when they release a new FW, the other versions are displayed too, I mean latest FW is... latest RC is... latest app v is... Do they work together, or I can use different releases on different devices (like AC or RC)?

My older P3P has the v1.11.20, so the newest FW by now, and works just fine, even that has the old version motors, and almost 3 yrs old. So don't really understand it, why does an old work properly, why does a new not, or vica versa. If DJI knows the FW issues, or there's even any chance to have any problem, why is the downgrade forbidden? Or why these drones have nothing like the Windows has, called rescue point, with the last known, and perfectly worked software versions, and settings?

I'm a big fan of updating everything to the newest, the new means positive in 99%, but the drones seem to be the 1%. A firmware update available message would torture me seriously, but still better than using a drone as paperweight.

Million thanks, and likes for the person who will explain these, and makes me understand it...

You will get more replies if you ask one question in one post :)

Anyway, my P3P is of the first generation and I have all the latest SW installed. I don’t see issues but it’s your choice. In general there is no need to update the SW if it’s working fine for your flying needs.

Hi everyone...

Please, someone, who has experience in the firmware versions, please help me, and explain me something...

I read a lot of things about the firmware... My new P3 Prof will arrive tomorrow. This is my 3rd. The first was the seller's mistake, 2nd was frobably FW error, and this is gonna be the 3rd. I would like to enjoy to fly, but in the last 2 month I was full of FW problems, I had to sell, and send back few Phantoms, etc, and slowly I'm having enough...

So here I'm asking, it's gonna be a new P3P, from Official source, leftover stock. So the updated motor, and probably the 3rd generation. Which is the safest FW to use it with?

I saw somewhere that the P3Ps have 3 edition, and the 1st, and 2nd have problem with newer FW. I'd like to really know which is the latest, stable FW, that all functions are working. Someone complained about Waypoints, someone had video transmission errors, somebody had signal range problems, and I'm not fancy with any of these (like no one else)...

Other question... At the moment there's the newest DJI GO App on my tablet. Am I right, if I connect it to the remote, does it update the remote's FW automaticaly? I may remember wrong, not sure, I may clicked to the update button, not sure... So if I have the latest Go App, do I need to use the latest FW on the RC and the AC? Or can I ignore, or switch off the messages?

More question... Can I use the latest remote FW with older AC FW? I saw few times, when they release a new FW, the other versions are displayed too, I mean latest FW is... latest RC is... latest app v is... Do they work together, or I can use different releases on different devices (like AC or RC)?

My older P3P has the v1.11.20, so the newest FW by now, and works just fine, even that has the old version motors, and almost 3 yrs old. So don't really understand it, why does an old work properly, why does a new not, or vica versa. If DJI knows the FW issues, or there's even any chance to have any problem, why is the downgrade forbidden? Or why these drones have nothing like the Windows has, called rescue point, with the last known, and perfectly worked software versions, and settings?

I'm a big fan of updating everything to the newest, the new means positive in 99%, but the drones seem to be the 1%. A firmware update available message would torture me seriously, but still better than using a drone as paperweight.

Million thanks, and likes for the person who will explain these, and makes me understand it...
If it works do not mess with it.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I upgraded everything, and fine thanks god... But still can't believe FW upgrade can be an issue in 2018...

My drones all have issues with no range 1,000 feet max..DJI wants all the customers to think they did something wrong,like fly it.My P 4 Came Dec 26.And today I had to send it back.In Nov my first p4 dropped like a rock into ocean.Sent them all the info telemetry etc..All they offered was half off another one..On my new p4 did firmware yesterday today two flights and... 2 .No.ESC.error..They said need to send it in.Different drones work better with different firmware..There is no answers really.Some upgrade np and like mine upgrade screws it up.I believe Dji has put bugs in the old firmware to make you upgrade.If I put my p3 to 1.08..It says esc error.then 1.09 it goes away but no range..I have owned 6 now and don't have a go to one..Just one out of three I currently have works but no range..Two at Dji or going there.Hope I get them back by summer..

My drones all have issues with no range 1,000 feet max..DJI wants all the customers to think they did something wrong,like fly it.My P 4 Came Dec 26.And today I had to send it back.In Nov my first p4 dropped like a rock into ocean.Sent them all the info telemetry etc..All they offered was half off another one..On my new p4 did firmware yesterday today two flights and... 2 .No.ESC.error..They said need to send it in.Different drones work better with different firmware..There is no answers really.Some upgrade np and like mine upgrade screws it up.I believe Dji has put bugs in the old firmware to make you upgrade.If I put my p3 to 1.08..It says esc error.then 1.09 it goes away but no range..I have owned 6 now and don't have a go to one..Just one out of three I currently have works but no range..Two at Dji or going there.Hope I get them back by summer..
I did one firmware update when i first got my p3pro, it took 3 tries to get it to work. After that I have not done any firmware updates and my aircraft gets 4000 to 7000 feet of range depending on how close I am to cell towers and houses.
I ignore that firmware message...in fact the DJI tech told me to ignore them UNLESS I was having issues.
Now im going to sell my p3pro and get a Mavic because my friend has one and he gets like 12000 feet of solid range everywhere we go. Why every dji doesnt have that same set up is beyond me.

Ah beware...your friends gets that range but yours may not..I sold a p 3 standard with fpvlr it went 10,500 with no issues..Have newer p3 and p4 with same upgrades and can't get 7,000 feet.I want my old p3 back..And I got it used lol..Quality control is non existent when demand is up known Dji factoid..Keep it until you try your new one if you can..I was just bragging how awesome my p4 was I got Dec 26.I had 8 flights now I have to send it back.And my p3 may be going as well.Loss of signal at 100 feet stock controller or fpvlr..Trying different firmware before I send it back..problem is can't get older Dji go app for iPad so Ffing stupid..Good luck with your new drone..

I have a phantom 3 standard and it will not connect to the DJI Go app, I have tried everything, uninstalling/reinstalling, tried various tablets and phones, no luck. I just attempted to update to the newest firmware using an SD card and the update failed. Not I am not sure what direction I should go to fix the problem. As soon as I put the SD card in with the updated Bin file and turn the drone on it automatically beeps solid red signaling failed update. I cannot use the app to update because it will not connect to the drone. I am not sure how to reboot and reinstall failed update as everything I try goes back to a solid failed light on the gimbal, seconds after the drone starts up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok try this I did it and it helps..You must erase your tablet memory and start it as new devise..Erase to factory restart where you have to re enter all your info..Just deleting app will not erase the hidden files..And also what ever firmware was on that's the one you want to install...Hope this helps if not get back to me and we can try something else...I have owned 5 p3 standards so I have encountered every problem..After a yr and a half it comes down to..3 hrs of frustration to every hr of flying..So don't let your brain hurt over it..

Thanks a lot appreciate the response, I will try that idea with my iPad. I’m actually trying to fix this for a friend as I also have P3S, but have never had an issue with mine. I used my app to try and connect and also installed the app from a friends phone and that didn’t work. My buddy had crashed it, but everything worked after he did. Then one day started it up and nothing on the app side of things.

Clearing the iPad to factory settings didn’t work. The dji go app says Camera in blue when you log in, but then there is nothing. Everything is black says disconnected. Under P3S where it says Camera it said something like RC connected, connect aircraft. When drone is on lights just blink yellow slowly. The remote will start the drone and you can fly it without the app being connected.

Can you open app and get to settings..If so reconnect controller then restart everything including I pad..

Yeah I can get there but when I try to reconnect the controller it times out. The sync button on the drone turns red then after the reconnect times out it turns green. I can move gimbal with the remote, but still nothing on DJi Go

@offroadpyro,
The missing clue. ;)

From this post:
Firmware failure and No Connection to Go App

"If there is an issue with the gimbal ribbon cable could this cause the the drone not to sync to the go app? I don’t even get battery status on the app. However the app will read controller input."

@Booyah89,
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, that would be the problem.
His RC is already linked to the Phantom, re-link fails because the data is not making it back to the RC. They both revert to the old settings on the failure.

You would not be able to link a different remote to the Phantom, until that is fixed.

Rod

Thanks Rod for responding, sorry I had posted in two different locations. I am assuming something could be wrong with the ribbon cable, I see no visible damage, and if damage could be the cause of the problem, I was going to try and replace it. Sounds like it is, so I will try to replace. Just wasn’t sure cause the RC moves the gimbal on the phantom.

This forum has tons of information and people seem to be very helpful. I just have to learn how to post correctly. I’ll let you know if replacing the ribbon fixes the issue. Hopefully it’s not to hard of a process. Will have to check YouTube videos on it. Thanks

Hello everyone,
I bought 3 Se 10 days ago.
I live in Turkey.(Europe zone)
My firmware is 1.5.40
Go app says it is the latest. Is it? I couldn't find a right answer in between hundreds of treats and comments.

I use 5 ghz/149 channel.
I use Android 7.1.1 in my Samsung Galaxy A8 2018.
My drone doesn't fly over 200/250 meters.
Does anybody have knowledge which firmware would be best for my drone and where to download it?
Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic