What's wrong with my phantom 3 standard!?

One thing you may wish to check is the antenna connections in the gimbal. You will have to remove the gimbal then the two screws that hold the antenna doors to verify they are both plugged in. The aftermarket antenna units work well and in reality the booster antennas simply have bigger reflectors and larger surface areas and there is not magical blend with differentiates one from another. The quads antennas run down the legs of the quad - one black and one gray at the gimbal. the larger third wire in the legs goes to the gps sensor at the bottom of the unit. Keep in mind 1500 or so is normal in town with lots of trees and homes. Out in the open 5000 is more normal and some have gone 8000 over water so landscape also has a lot to do with this.

the larger third wire in the legs goes to the gps sensor at the bottom of the unit.
Nope, the leg is the compass, the GPS is on top of the bird.

One thing you may wish to check is the antenna connections in the gimbal. You will have to remove the gimbal then the two screws that hold the antenna doors to verify they are both plugged in. The aftermarket antenna units work well and in reality the booster antennas simply have bigger reflectors and larger surface areas and there is not magical blend with differentiates one from another. The quads antennas run down the legs of the quad - one black and one gray at the gimbal. the larger third wire in the legs goes to the gps sensor at the bottom of the unit. Keep in mind 1500 or so is normal in town with lots of trees and homes. Out in the open 5000 is more normal and some have gone 8000 over water so landscape also has a lot to do with this.
I have the same problem. In worst cases I get lost RC signal from 50-60 meters. Absolute max distance is 450 meters but normaly not more than 250. I have checked everyting also the conectors inside the gimball. Is there ANY way I can find out if the problem is in the drone or in the RC? Do not have any other units I can swap RC with.

I have a P3s with stock antenna, use a Galaxy S5 phone and use Litchi.
Flying at 400' altitude with no obstructions I typically get 4,500'-5,000' range. One time flew 6,700' before RTH set in. I don't know which firmware version I have but for sure it is not the newest one.
I suspect Litchi has something to do with the improved distance.

I have a P3s with stock antenna, use a Galaxy S5 phone and use Litchi.
Flying at 400' altitude with no obstructions I typically get 4,500'-5,000' range. One time flew 6,700' before RTH set in. I don't know which firmware version I have but for sure it is not the newest one.
I suspect Litchi has something to do with the improved distance.
Thats nice, but even without a phone connected it looses connection very early. And why should the app have something to do with it? Does the phone connect directly to the drone and not via RC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic