What's wrong with my phantom 3 standard!?

Probably a stupid question but when I lose fpv and telemetry data, does it stop Recording? Also when I record video it's always choppy like it records the lag.

The onboard camera will continue recording usually to the SD card .....

Choppy ? Shouldn't be unless card rating is a bit low ? But the video that is lower res recorded on your phone / tablet has all the 'crap' that the tablet / phone gets back from aircraft.

Nigel

Choppy ? Shouldn't be unless card rating is a bit low ? But the video that is lower res recorded on your phone / tablet has all the 'crap' that the tablet / phone gets back from aircraft.

Nigel

Sometimes the fpv cuts out and I get pink fuzzy screen, the picture carries over to my videos when I veiw them.

I think some of my problems I'm having is also lack of knowledge on my behalf.

We all had to learn ... you are only going through what all others have. You have advantage though against likes of me ... I started all this malarkey long before Computers had internet and forums !! It wasn't till late on that I got into BBS !! and that of course was total crap compared to todays forums. You can ask away and get answers that we had to work out for ourselves. Don't get me wrong ... if I can help in any way - I'm happy to and I'm sure many others are as well.

Nigel

Sometimes the fpv cuts out and I get pink fuzzy screen, the picture carries over to my videos when I veiw them.

Are you saying the video on the SD card from the aircrafts camera has that ? Or the recording you have on your tablet / phone ?

I know that some video viewers are crap at showing DJI video recordings, so I use VLC Player. My final edits are by simple Windows Movie Maker .... into mp4 .... I get downgrade by it but to be honest I'm not selling the videos so no worries.

Nigel

IF so - then something is definitely wrong with card or camera ...

Have you tried another card to see if its the card doing it ?

This may be one of the few occasions I would suggest formatting the card ... BEFORE you do that copy the BIN and TXT file from the root to your PC to save. They are the FW files saved to SD card that then update any new batterys you get.
Format the card - you can do this in the PC by setting to FAT32 or EXFAT ..... do not use NTFS or 64 ....

Once formatted - take clean card and try a flight recording again. If its now OK ... put back the BIN and TXT files to the root ... to save having to download BIN file again.

Nigel

Well it's probably the fact that I'm using a SanDisk ultra 128 gb micro SD, you still suggest reformatting it or toss it!?

I see that the recommended sd card to use is the lexar 633x, would it be ok to get the 32 or 64 gb versions?

I had a look at your flight logs.
If you open your notification tab. It shows that you lost video for 31.8s (point M), and then you initiated RTH (point N). so clearly, your problem is in the video downlink. The Tx signal wasn't lost.
Tx signal lost happened once in (point R). But that's OK, as it usually happens when the drone is right above you, and you are trying to point the RC at the drone.
Yoy can either fly higher to avoid the WiFi interference from the houses down below, or get some better antennas for your 2.4G downlink. or you can hack the 2.4G transmitter power by using the Magic Power software.

Last edited:
or get some better antennas for your 2.4G downlink. or you can hack the 2.4G transmitter power by using the Magic Power software.
Any suggestions better ones than the argtek panels? I have the setup with 3 panels and 3 omnis, also how do I hack it?

I believe the max recc'd card is 64gb ..... 132 is probably your problem ....

Whatever antenna modification you make will mean opening the controller up and changing connections.

As you see - I use the Argtek and had great success. I am alway surprised when people fit and get poor results - but that's similar to the out of box P3S where some get good others get poor results.

My first flights with my P3S had jello in video - poor factory fitting of camera leg. Short range and intermittent video. I even had video failing sometimes before takeoff !
I was determined to beat it and reluctant to send back. I now have a P3S that in range near equals my pals P3A and others P3P. We have quite a few in our club .... 3 are P3S incl. mine, but mines only one that has been modified to such range.

My basic setup is :

Argtek antenna
Icarus power to 27
Nexus 7 vers 2 tablet
32gb Kingston SD card

Nigel

I stated in the original post and 2 other times that I AM using the argtex setup, I have the 2, 7dbi panels. 1, 6dbi panel. Also comes with 1, 5.8 ghz and 2, 2.4ghz omni antennas

Argtek's 7dbi panels are no good, they are not much better than the stock ceramic patch.
I have since replaced them with Alfa's 2.4g panels (APA-M04) , I'm getting a more stable video feed now.

I stated in the original post and 2 other times that I AM using the argtex setup, I have the 2, 7dbi panels. 1, 6dbi panel. Also comes with 1, 5.8 ghz and 2, 2.4ghz omni antennas

As posts go on ... bits get left !! Sorry - no offence meant.

I live in the EU and that's CE land .... but I have 27db Icarus mod .... didn't like Magic Power to be honest ... and no offence meant to Papa Tita .. without guys like that - we would still be playing in the 30m garden !!

Nigel

Argtek's 7dbi panels are no good, they are not much better than the stock ceramic patch.
I have since replaced them with Alfa's 2.4g panels (APA-M04) , I'm getting a more stable video feed now.

Please explain why I get over 4500m then with plain Argtek panels on video .... and I know many others do as well ...

With Argtek - its not video 2.4 that fails - its the 5.8Ghz that fails and then RTH kicks in ... watch all my videos on YT : 'solentlifeuk' and you can see ....

Nigel

With Argtek - its not video 2.4 that fails - its the 5.8Ghz that fails and then RTH kicks in ... watch all my videos on YT : 'solentlifeuk' and you can see ....
My video feed is pretty sketchy, and no offense was taken solentlife I know you're trying to help I was just clearing it up.

I really am at a loss as to how you can improve. If you've checked all the connections etc. - that's the usual culprit.

Actually there is one item.

I noticed when adding extension leads for powered boosters. The threaded connectors on the Argtek base go through quite thick plastic. I had to grind away about 0.5mm of the extension plug that screws onto it to make sure it grounded out and was secure. Before shortening the threaded cap - even when tight - I could turn the lead in the connector showing it was not fully home but cap was bottomed out. I have now ground back EVERY cap thread that screws onto my Argtek now !!

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingroberto666